• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ghost Recon Wildlands & Breakpoint keep crashing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
Unsure what the hell is causing it, but Ghost Recon's Wildlands keep crashing. Breakpoint is also crashing. I've done every trick in the book to fix it, but nothing seems to work. Games are on a separate 6TB spinner drive.

Things I have done so far:

Uninstall/reinstalled both Steam & Ubisoft
Both Wildlands & Breakpoint games

Did a complete format and reinstall of windows 10. Installed all new chipset & video card drivers

Cleared Cmos and everything is running stock. No overclock on the video card either

At this point I'm about to just delete the dam games and play something else.

Any ideas what could be causing it?

Have you checked the SMART data and Scan Disked the 6TB spinner? Could be something corrupt or failing there.

Maybe it's W10? Kidding. :p

Are those the only games on the drive you play? Have you tried installing them on a different drive to see if that's it?

Have you checked the SMART data and Scan Disked the 6TB spinner? Could be something corrupt or failing there.
New Spinner drive. SMART shows clean.
Maybe it's W10? Kidding. :p

Are those the only games on the drive you play? Have you tried installing them on a different drive to see if that's it?
No. I play other games, but when I did the clean format I wanted to rule everything else out, so I just reinstalled those.

So, in short, you're still having problems with games crashing even with the new PSU on that system?
Yup. I had Steam & Ubisoft on the new drive. Formatted both the games drive & main drive. Fresh OS install with latest chipset & video card drivers.
Yes, even with the new PSU installed.

Yes, even with the new PSU installed.
We'll take you out back behind the shed later...poor evga. :p :rofl:

Yikes... well... at this point, you may need to breadboard the thing. Which.......you're all watered up and is a monumental PITA.

So, to be clear, you installed this on your R0 NVMe drive(s) also (not your 6TB drive) and the system crashed just the same? Apologies if I'm being dense... my Friday juuuuuuuuuust, started. :soda:

We'll take you out back behind the shed later...poor evga. :p :rofl:

Yikes... well... at this point, you may need to breadboard the thing. Which.......you're all watered up and is a monumental PITA.

So, to be clear, you installed this on your R0 NVMe drive(s) also (not your 6TB drive) and the system crashed just the same? Apologies if I'm being dense... my Friday juuuuuuuuuust, started. :soda:
:ROFLMAO: yes, I removed the 6tb games drive. I installed Steam & Ubisoft on the R0 drive and it still crashes. I wanted to rule out the spinner drive going bad.
Didn't you just rebuild your water cooler? Is everything seated properly? Sound like overheating to me.
No I didn't rebuild the whole cooling system. I removed only the res since it started leaking, resealed it and refilled/bled the system. No, no overheating issues. Temps are chilly. While gaming with other games, CPU temps max out @ 47-49c. Vid card temps are 52-54c.

Definitely a power supply issue. :thup:

Have the games ever worked for you? Have these games ever worked for you with the 3080? If so can you go back to the last known driver to work?

Definitely a power supply issue. :thup:

Have the games ever worked for you? Have these games ever worked for you with the 3080? If so can you go back to the last known driver to work?
Hey Eugene, Yeah they worked perfectly fine before the PSU fiasco. I was using the 1080Ti Hybrid with the GQ pos and no issues. I upgraded to the 3080 and all of a sudden all hell breaks loose with the PSU and games. All my other games run fine.

*Update*

Breakpoint runs fine now go figure, but Wildlands still crashes :eh?:

Possibility that maybe something is wrong with the 3080? That is a wild out of left field thought.

I place blame with driver/software issue. Funny how one self repaired. Also funny how a reinstall didn't fix it.

But what I do know I run Corsair PSU in my main rig and ALL my games work. Even the High Seas ones.

#CorsairFTW4

#LOVEyaDINO!!!!

I place blame with driver/software issue.
I agree. Have you checked for any OS corruption via SFC? Maybe try using different driver versions that you know worked at some point, roll back windows updates, things like that.

Anyone local to you have an AMD card you could borrow for testing?

Anyone local to you have an AMD card you could borrow for testing?
I wish Eugene. I'm just gonna move this issue aside for now. I'm gonna focus on the PSU problem first. Not going to be able to do anything after Wednesday anyways since I'm going under the knife.

I do have the 1080Ti Hybrid I can go back to if need be.

Back