• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Setting Up My New Computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok I switched the hard drives around, and the loading bars show, then it stops and goes back to the page before the bios configuration. Anyone know why?

So first off explain what you're trying to do and what you changed? Did you upgrade, new build?

OK do a clean install anything less than that are you're wasting preformance. Did you back stuff up before you did this or is there anything you want to save?

Basically, your old install is looking for the old hardware, and since it can't find it, it gets confused and reboots.

If you have data you want to save, then switch the boot order, reinstall a fresh version of Windows on the newest drive and you are good to go. If you don't want to save anything, just format it, and install a clean version.

Ok, ill put my hard drive back on my old pc, backup my files, and format it. But now If I press and key all I get is small beeps and nothing else :( I'll see what I can do.

I formatted my drive, but for some reason when I press any key on my keyboard nothing will happen, all I get is a small beep everytime I press a key.. :( Any help?

I formatted my drive, but for some reason when I press any key on my keyboard nothing will happen, all I get is a small beep everytime I press a key.. :( Any help?

Hmm... no beeps initially should mean that it passes POST. usually it beeps after you've mashed keys for a couple seconds...

Hitbox said:
Do you see anything on screen?

What he said.

Back