• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1GB microSD for $5 shipped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wish I could have gotten that deal when I had a Motorola phone. Damn Sony Ericsson taking proprietary M2 cards!

That site has many good free deals from time to time, but you need to read the Privacy policy, especially the portion regarding sharring your info with third parties.

Another member here pointed this out to me when I posted a deal here last year, I didn't read the privacy policy as I normally do (The site has poor navigation options as much of the rules are in that hyper text nonsense and cannot be opened in a separate page)

So I deleted the cyber deal thread I started after I familiarized myself with their policies.
cleaver.gif

That site has many good free deals from time to time, but you need to read the Privacy policy, especially the portion regarding sharring your info with third parties.

Another member here pointed this out to me when I posted a deal here last year, I didn't read the privacy policy as I normally do (The site has poor navigation options as much of the rules are in that hyper text nonsense and cannot be opened in a separate page)

So I deleted the cyber deal thread I started after I familiarized myself with their policies.
cleaver.gif

Care to elaborate on what you found so others don't have to read walls of text?

Care to elaborate on what you found so others don't have to read walls of text?

If it's bad for SSS, then it's bad for everyone else... he is a pretty smart guy when it comes to this.

From site:
We may enter into alliances, partnerships or other business arrangements with third parties who may be given access to personal information including your name, address, telephone number and email for the purpose of providing you information regarding products and services that we think will be of interest to you.

Translation: we might sell your information to anyone so they can send you deals (or spam). Including your telephone number and home address.

As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions.

Translation: we may sell your info.

There isn't an opt-out for that? I thought companies were legally required to offer an opt-out.

They most likely do, but this site appears to operate by offering items free or near free, they can afford to do this by sharing or selling your info.

Besides, you can get a 1Gb microSD card at Supermedia for $6.99 shipped. They most likely won't sell your personal data. Is the $1.99 saved worth the spam you'll receive ;)

PS, Todays item is a free one from that site, but the price of free sometimes has a cost that's anything but free

Back