• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P35 & Q6600 or P45 & E7200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flip-Mode

Ok, this is my final (I hope) debate.

Option A
E7200 625NIS
Asus P5Q 675NIS
OCZ2T800C44GK 540NIS
TRUE120 340NIS
Total: 2180NIS

Option B
Q6600 935NIS
Abit IP35-E 395NIS
OCZ2T800C44GK 540NIS
TRUE120 340NIS
Total: 2210NIS

I'm not one for upgrading, this new rig will probably stay as is for a few years (as you can see from my sig).
If I got with option B I give up on the P45 chipset and go with a cheaper mobo (which is a fine mobo by all means) but AFAIK I'm not going to actually loose anything except the PIC-E 2.0 slot.

What do you guys think? Older mobo + quad or newer mobo + dual?

Thanks

You could also do the E8400 on the IP35-E. I really like the IP35-E, it's treated me very well. I am thinking more and more lately though if you want a PC to last longer that the quad core is the way to go. Who know when they will start making stuff use all 4 cores though. Stuff now barely uses 2 cores.

Here's a pic of the E8400 on the IP35-E running Orthos for 30+ hours at 4005mhz.

071208-E8400-4005mhz-31hoursOrthos.jpg

Can I ask why your not looking at putting the quad with the P45 ?
Budget, I can only spend around 2200NIS. With the quad and the P45 it comes out around 2500NIS. Maybe if I change the HSF for something cheaper or I might stick to stock for now.
I'll move some numbers around and see what happens.

Can I ask why your not looking at putting the quad with the P45 ?

It looks like he is trying to stay around 2200.

If you are keeping the system for a few years I would go with the quad. As time goes on more and more software is going to multi-threaded. The quad will age much nicer the dual will. You are not giving up a whole lot by sticking with the P35. I believe that particular P45 board does not support crossfire so that is out. You would be giving up the small power savings a bit of a speed improvement but nothing that is going to be noticed outside of synthetic benchmarks. With a quad the OC is likely to be the same as well. To me the benefits of the long term benefits of the quad far outweighs the benefits of the P45.

Edit
I am not a retard. I was typing at work and evidently I got sidetracked and he replied in between.

Last edited:
Back