• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Waterblock options

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LucrativeFuture

Registered
Hi, I'm currently keeping my Q6600 cool with a TRUE 120 and my temps are alright under prime(45-49 C @ 3.2 GHz + 1.200 vcore -- 53-59 @ 3.6 GHz + 1.304 vcore). I've always planned to get water cooling eventually. I already have a pa 120.3 and an iwaki md-20 rz. I just want to know your opinions on blocks. What is the best performing, highest quality? I'm thinking it is between the ek supreme and the dtek fuzion v2 but I may be wrong. Is there a res suitable for the iwaki? Also, is Tygon still the best tubing?

Thanks very much for all your help :)

I just switched from a TRUE 120 to water, using D-TEK Fuzion v2 now, my temps and voltages are very close to yours at 3.2 & 3.6GHz, I now have approxmatly the same idle temps as I did with the TRUE, but load temps are almost 10c lower, keep in mind that my room ambient temp today was 85+ degrees (a/c quit working). right now as I'm typing this my temps are 30, 30, 32, 33, on a Q6600 @ 3.2GHz, will go back to 3.6 when a/c is working again.

As far as the iwaki, I could'nt tell you, maybe someone else will help out there.

Yes tygon is about the best tubing on the market, however it is not as flexable as some of the others, depends on how sharp your bends will be. I went with Feeser myself, its very flexable, and it comes in many colors so there is no need for dye's & such in your water.

Good luck with your water cooling, you will like it when your finished.
(also it just looks cooler)

The Iwaki is the best AC pump ever made. Extremely strong and reliable. You will need worm clamps to tighten down the tubing on the fittings as the Iwaki's head presure is strong and will blow the tubing off the fittings.

Tygon is a bit stiff for tight bends. If you want flexible tubing, go with Masterkleer. Soft and extremely flexible. I'm using the Masterkleer now and I like the way it bends easily for those tight bends in the case. Not to mention it looks better becasue it's clearer.

There is no real side by side comparison chart for the EK Supreme and the Dtek Fusion V2. The EK has been rated as the best block out, but quite expensive. The Fuzion V2 is no slouch, especially with the Quad Core nozzle. The person to ask about both these blocks is Hardass.

It comes down to this:

EK Supreme : Rated as the best, but expensive

Dtek Fuzion V2 : Best block for the money, but nozzle kit sold separately.

If you have an Iwaki MD-20rz (RD-30 is a better choice), go with the EK Supreme. It requires a high flow rate with lots of pressure, but delivers the best performance for quad cores. Think about where the cores are and how the blocks work. D-TEK FuZion, seems to have been designed to work better with dual cores (quad plate is a joke), water is focused into the center... EK Supreme on the other hand, seems to have been designed for the quad core. Water enters from one side, accelerates through a plate, then flows to the opposite side and exits, after it has past over the 4 cores. The block itself is physically larger than the IHS and is bowed at the factory.

I'm currently building a system with a EK Supreme, will be running (2) MCP355's in series, CPU only loop... (MCP355 w/XSPC res top + MCP355 w/XSPC top)

PA120.3 will be perfect for your CPU loop. It will help remove the heat dump of the Iwaki MD-20...

EK Supreme costs the same as D-TEK FuZion v2 (+ you don't have to buy a quad plate)...

Try the Swiftech MCRES-MICRO...

Tygon B-44-4x is a superior tubin. It's plasticiser free and has a durometer somewhere between R3400 and R3603... IMO, far superior to MasterKleer...

PICS of my EK Supreme

2664079347_90dd34c919_b.jpg

2660314556_215a1ec87a_b.jpg

2676136120_1b912930a1_b.jpg

will be running (2) MCP355's in series

Okay maybe I'm out of place here, but I thought it was like well known that running two pumps in series does absolutely nothing for you...

Maybe I'm wrong, but if you're wrong it's going to make your whole "I know everything and my post goes against a lot of general water cooling consensus so buy the stuff I'm telling you to buy" post look awfully dumb.

Oh, also, writing an entire post in bold is like writing an entire post in capslock. Either you're incredibly stupid or starved for attention.

If you have an Iwaki MD-20rz (RD-30 is a better choice), go with the EK Supreme. It requires a high flow rate with lots of pressure, but delivers the best performance for quad cores. Think about where the cores are and how the blocks work. D-TEK FuZion, seems to have been designed to work better with dual cores (quad plate is a joke), water is focused into the center... EK Supreme on the other hand, seems to have been designed for the quad core. Water enters from one side, accelerates through a plate, then flows to the opposite side and exits, after it has past over the 4 cores. The block itself is physically larger than the IHS and is bowed at the factory.

I'm currently building a system with a EK Supreme, will be running (2) MCP355's in series, CPU only loop... (MCP355 w/XSPC res top + MCP355 w/XSPC top)

PA120.3 will be perfect for your CPU loop. It will help remove the heat dump of the Iwaki MD-20...

EK Supreme costs the same as D-TEK FuZion v2 (+ you don't have to buy a quad plate)...

Try the Swiftech MCRES-MICRO...

Tygon B-44-4x is a superior tubin. It's plasticiser free and has a durometer somewhere between R3400 and R3603... IMO, far superior to MasterKleer...
Yes, I know the RD-30 has better head pressure and lower heat dump than the MD-20RZ, however I wanted the ultimate in reliability. What are the differences between Tygon R3603 and Tygon B-44-4x?

Thanks for all the replies.

yeah, with iwaki extremely tight fitting hoses and worm clamps are a must, currently running a dual headed iwaki and have had the hoses blow off with worm clamps. Res wise, so far the micro-res is holding up pretty good under the pressure, had a dual bay res blow a side panel completely out tho. Restriction is no problem with iwakis tho, d-tek fuzion with the 3.5mm nozzle, d-tek fuzion gfx, and a 6 fan ford trans cooler still has extreme flow rates.

Okay maybe I'm out of place here, but I thought it was like well known that running two pumps in series does absolutely nothing for you...

Maybe I'm wrong, but if you're wrong it's going to make your whole "I know everything and my post goes against a lot of general water cooling consensus so buy the stuff I'm telling you to buy" post look awfully dumb.

Oh, also, writing an entire post in bold is like writing an entire post in capslock. Either you're incredibly stupid or starved for attention.

Know something about something, before saying something.... :screwy:

Knock it off you two. If you wanna fight, do it by PM or go over to the EVGA forums or something.

Nebulous, do you have pictures of the masterkleer tubing doing tight bends? How tight can you go? I've not heard about masterkleer being more flexible, but admittedly, I had not really done much research. I'm making a really tight loop right away but I just ordered another 10ft of Tygon. Crap.

Back