• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Request: Comparison between CPU blocks (Ek supreme, GTZ, Dtek fusion V2 (mod+stock)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blazing fire

Request: Comparison between CPU blocks (Ek supreme, GTZ, Dtek fusion V2 (mod+stock)

Those 3 are the top performing ones. In addition, the dtek fusion v2 has quad insert, performance nozzle (3.5 to 6.5) which affects temperatures. Some say quad reduces performance, some say 4.5mm nozzle works best etc.

So, the variables are:

1) Dtek Stock
2) Dtek Quad + stock nozzle
3) Dtek Stock nozzle only
4) Dtek Quad only
5) Ek supreme
6) GTZ.

Ah yet another myth. Does the pump produce enough heat to affect temperatures? To test this out, run

1) Block > Res > Pump > Rad
2) Block > Rad > Res > Pump

Their is a comparison between the Ek Supreme and the GTZ on xtremesytems forum. It came out as a tie, the difference was negligible. The supreme had a tad better flow then the GTZ too. If I can find the link i'll post it up here.

XS is down at the moment, when it comes back up i'll post a link...

The test showed the GTZ beating the EK Supreme by .02*C, D-TEK was in third... This was tested with only a one pump system, another test with two pumps showed the EK Supreme kicking the D-TEK by 1.5-2 C...

The flowrate, best to worst:

D-TEK / GTZ / EK Supreme

A CPU only loop, IMO, EK SUPREME reigns SUPREME...

Great! Glad I bought the ek supreme. Btw, one pump system = cpu only loop + mcp655?

Try CPU only loop with Dual MCP355's with XSPC tops..... (my setup)

Last edited:
1) Dtek Stock
2) Dtek Quad + stock nozzle
3) Dtek Stock nozzle only
4) Dtek Quad only

Back