• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monthly roundup of water cooling's best components[Retired Sticky]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OK I guess i'm on duty... I never visited this thread, gimme a day or so guys. I definately have some opinions on the Gen2 rads, but nothing concrete as I dont own one... just give me some time.

OK, I've updated the first post with the DDC+, some tops that are available for the DDC which negate the 'mod'. Gonna post what I can find on the GT series.

you can add one if you want to spend the extra time to route everything better... but otherwise just throw a fan onto the chipset heatsink thats there, or get a decent HSF combo to put on it (eg: thermalright HR-05, etc.) if you're an absoluter freak for performance

New Waterblocks in Next Round-Up?

I'm adding watercooling to my computer and am interested in how two new waterblocks may affect the next round-up:

(1) Aqua Computer's Cuplex XT placed among the top 3 performers in System Cooling's thermal tests (03-Apr-06): http://www.systemcooling.com/aqua_computer_xt-05.html

(2) Cooltechnica's "Limited Edition" redesign of its AquaXtreme MP-05 SP (NO3) now employs 432 micro-pins instead of the original 300. Will that be enough to push it over the top?

Right now I'm kind of confused by the top 3 pumps. It looks like the 50z is about 1cm bigger than the D5 (not much), 3x less heat output, 3.2m head (vs. 3.1m for the D5), but less max flow (max flow ain't that big o deal compared to head). They are both around the same price too.

And I definitely don't know why the DDC is rated higher than the 50z.

I would like to know, because I am currently debating between the 50z and the D5.

Swiftech MCR "Quiet Power" Radiators

Voodoo Rufus said:
A couple new radiators that I will try to figure out rankings for here are Swiftech's new MCR-120QP and 220QP, which have fin densities lower than the typical Blackice or Thermochill radiators.
Any thoughts yet on the Swiftech MCR "Quiet Power" radiators? Given their relatively low fin density and slim form factor, I wonder where they will place in your low noise application ranking.

For me, it's probably between the MCR120-QP or the Black Ice Pro. The Thermochill is too thick to fit in my case and the BI GT Stealth fin density seems to beg for a noisier fan.

hey folks...some quick advice here.

I have a black ice pro rad (1x120) and i'm looking to just cool of my 805D. will that with a D5 pump and TDX be able to keep er cool without a tornado fan blowing through that rad?

I was playing with a Nexxxous Bold yesterday. I must say it's a d*** good looking block. The workmanship is the finest I've ever seen. For performance wise, based on my setup, the temps are no different from my G4. I ran it on a Opteron 146 rig.

y0bailey said:
hey folks...some quick advice here.

I have a black ice pro rad (1x120) and i'm looking to just cool of my 805D. will that with a D5 pump and TDX be able to keep er cool without a tornado fan blowing through that rad?

That should be plenty, but I'd go with at least a BIP II to get the temps way down there. The higher the airflow, the lower the temps....

Back