• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monthly roundup of water cooling's best components[Retired Sticky]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Can anyone give me suggestions on this soon to be config:

Currently running P4 Prescott 478 socket and upgrading to a C2 6800 in late Dec. or Jan 07.

As per the suggestions of this thread: (Thanks for all the hard work btw)

Shopping list so far for main components.

Swiftech storm
BlackIce Xtreme 3 Xflow rad.
Eheim 1046 (already own)

Questions:

1. Will the Black ICE xtreme 3 fit inside a Lian LI PC-75 ? (Under top Panel, Which I will probably cut and install a 3 fan grill to sandwich 3 x 120 fans in between the radiator to pull air out)

2. Will the stock 3/8 fittings be enough on the Eheim 1046? (I'm not shure if I can change them to 1/2)

3. Good suggestion for a front panel water res. and temp gauge?

Notes:
I'll stay with this basic system first and maybe add on a GPU bloc later. I'm not a big gamer so I don't OC big time but I do need the some extra power for photoshop.

Any help would be appreciated.

If i remember correctly, the eheim 1046 is not going to have enough pressure to go with the storm block.

1. xflow radiators SUCK, HARD!!! get a normal dual pass black ice xtreme III, not the single pass xflow, PLEASE

2. get a new pump: my suggestion is the DD D5 or MCP-655 (same pump)

it has twice the flow of a 1046, and almost three times the pressure, you'll definitely want a better pump to use in a loop with a triple rad + storm block

Swiftech MCW600x series don't forget, those are now discontinued. Where's the Appogee?

jcw122 said:
Where's the Appogee?

I'm thinking the same thing. I've only been able to find two reviews of the Apogee, of which between the Storm and Apogee they performed nearly the same for actual CPU testing but were way off from the die simulations. Of course I don't care about simulations just what happens IRL on my cpu.

http://www.ocia.net/reviews/apogee/page5.shtml
http://www.systemcooling.com/swiftech_apogee-13.html

Any other sources out there to run off. I'm looking into getting my first WC build and the $40 dollar difference between an Apogee and Storm are quite a lot for the results that I am seeing on these tests.

Alright alright if you insist..... :rolleyes:

My old favorite the MCW6002 has been removed since it is no longer available.

Blocks added:

Swiftech Apogee and MCW60.
Cleaned up the DDC/DDC+ pump description.

im looking at a new rig im building,
i want to give liquid cooling a round,
ive stuck to zalman 9500,
upgrading to the new conroe 6300, the 1.86,
wondering what would be a good liquid cooling for not so much money,
maybe like 150$ if thats even possile/worth it

No offence, but isnt the MCW60 a VGA waterblock?

According to Swiftech's webby, the MCW60 is a VGA waterblock while the MCW30 is a chipset one.

Could the MCW60 be used as a chipset cooler as well?

Also, are there any rankings for VGA waterblocks or can I just stick a Apogee/Storm on one?

Ohh..

So does the MCW60 & 30 both come with NB & VGA mounts?

I intend to get a loop with :

MCP655
Black Ice Extreme III/II
Apogee / Storm
2 x MCW 60 / 30 ( Whichever is better or even possible )

Would that work?

Excellent post
d0kcheers.gif

The modded top is already mentioned in the first post. As long as people simply don't look at the rank numbers and actually read the post, they will discover this.

After reading this thread and looking at the radiators below; I am facing a problem trying to decide what to buy based merely upon what is on the DangerDen internet website. I can't get a good look at the products and the text description is a bit sparse.

Has anyone personal experience with both the:

Black Ice X-Flow Xtreme III Radiator -

• Single-pass Double-row Low Pressure Drop Radiator specifically developed for PC Watercooling ....
  • rated for 2445KCal per hour (9702 BTU per hour).
  • 360 mm x 32 mm (4.72 inch x 1.25 inch) Double-row Copper core consisting of flat tubes for maximum heat conductivity.
  • 412 x 133 x 45mm (16.7 x 5 x 1.69 inch) dimensions

Black Ice Xtreme III Radiator -

• 2-pass Double-row Low Pressure Drop Radiator specifically developed for PC Watercooling ....
  • rated for 2445KCal per hour (9702 BTU per hour).
  • Double Row 360 mm (9.44 inch) Copper-finned core consisting of flat tubes for maximum heat conductivity.
  • 397 x 133 x 40 mm (15.63 x 5.25 x 1.77 inch) dimensions allows it to fit inside most mid-tower cases.

I note two differences the X-Flow Xtreme is a single pass & its dimensions seem to be greater; versus the Xtreme is a 2-pass. Both are double row and rated as 9702 BTU.

Oh, the X-Flow is a few dollars more.

Is one designed for high flow fans?

Back