• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pci-e slot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danbroke

i have had my 8800 gt in the blue pci-e slot for a couple of day but all of a sudden when i reboot it wont post or nothing just beeps 1 long 3 short but if i turn the ps off for a min. then back on it will post and go on but not when i reboot i pulled it out and put in the black pci-e slot and it works just fine reboot and everything! Anyone have any ideas? Bad slot? drivers? :-/

on a asus m2n sli deluxe, evga 8800gt superclock edition card, running on windows 2000

Last edited:
It's happened to me last couple of day too,....I thought it's my 8800GTS, but it's this mobo, which i had RMAed twice from Asus and I give up and order Asus M3N-HT/Mempipe from BUYBUY .\

Asus Crosshair Phenom 9500 Quad 2.2 Ghz D-Tek FuZion V2 CPU Water Block Mushkin 996533 4GB EVGA Geforce 8800GTS 640MB X2 SLI Swiftech Stealth Extreme Duty G80 Rev 3 VGA Waterblock Zalman ZM-GWB8800 GTS GPU Water Block SB Audigy Seagate ST325041 250GB WDC 250GB Swiftech MCP350 In-Line 12V DC Pump with XSPC top Enzotech SNBW Rev.A Water-block XSPC "Bay-Res" Pump/Reservoir Combo Saint-Gobain Tygon R-3603 Clear Tubing 20' 3/8" ID Black Ice® GT Stealth 120 Highest Performance Radiator Antec NeoPower 650 Watt Blue LED PSU Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 Sunbeam UFO CUBE Acrylic Case Sunbeam RHK-EX-BA Rheobus-Extreme Fan Controller Panel

Well it been sent for rma too Asus friday hope they fix it! Im thinking 3 weeks too get back! that sucks! Good thing i still have my old gx260 dell!

BUT WHEN I PUT IT ALL BACK TOGETHER SAME S**T WHF? I THINKS ITS GOTTA BE A DRIVER OR SOMETHING I DOWN LOADED THE NEWEST ONE OF OF EVGA FOR XP SINCE I HAVE IT NOW. i DONT HAVE THE NEWEST BIOS UPDATE BUT I DONT THINK IT WOULD HELP WOULD IT?? I HAVE 1302 RIGHT NOW ANY IDEAS I COULD USE THEM RIGHT NOW??

So now might be the video card.....I just RMA my M2N32-SLI DeluXE WIFI 3rd RMA ...so Asus gave me a shipped back label from Fedex....see how it go....but I already had M3N-HT deluxe....not from BUY.COM but neweggg...cos BUY ...full of sh*t....they don't hold stock and waited for a 1 week still didn't ship the board...claiming back order from their supplier, they do dropshipping....NEVER BUY from BUY.COM ....no more....not worth the hassle for some saving.

well i rmaed the motherboard not a change i rmaed the card no change i dont know what the f..k deal is! i am ****ed!!!!! anyone any ideas other than a hammer?

asus m2n sli deluxe newest bios
evga 8800gt superclocked newest bios and drivers
amd 5000+ be
artic freezer 64 pro
xp windows 32 shhhh. not cod
2 gig corsair xms2 pc.6400
corsair 650tx power supply

500gig seagate sata
2 sata opti dvd burners

when it in the 16x slot i wont even post just beeps but is fine in the 8x slot?:bang head

Doubt it would be the power supply if it works in 1 slot but not the other..:-/
My Asus M3A32 has four pci-e slots. I had my 8800gt in the top slot until i fitted a water block on the chipset. The thickness of the Zalman vga cooler meant i had to move the 8800 to slot 3 or 4 instead.

Slot 3 works fine but if i use the bottom 4th slot i get regular black screens and vga driver failure messages. I tried re-installing the driver, but my 8800gt just doesn't like the bottom slot.

Not much help to you, but your not alone with slot problems! I figured it was a bios setting issue, but i don't need the last slot so i never bothered to find out the cause.

Well after looking around the net and evga forum i have come too the concusion that not all pci-e 2.0 card are compadtable with older boards? I been reading that there is 4different types of pci-e slots vers. 1.0a, 1.0, 1.1, now the 2.0 what i been reading up on and what i have seen at evgas site is that 2.0 is down capable to 1.0 and 1.1 boards but not too 1.0a? I read that a lot of people have been able too use there 2.0 card in a 4x or 8 x slot with no problems but it not readable in the 16x slot. so now my question is since i cant run single card at 16x can i run 2 cards at 8x??? io would like too know if you got this board what are you running ?

Back