• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions on my temps.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ninth

Loop consists of E8400 and 4850, Apogee GT and MCW60 respectively, off of an mcp665 with a MCR320 rad, cooled by three yl med speeds.

I'm getting about 38-40 on each core of theCPU, and about 28 on the GPU at stock, now overclocked slightly and running at around 30-31.

GPU seems normalish, but the CPU seems a little high, opinions?

Edit: before I forget, ambient is something around 70 degress f, if not a little bit higher, because the temp monitors are on the floor below me.

Edit again: THis is at stock CPU, using coretemp.

Edit again again: After a very preliminary load test just to get some numbers with prime 95 I seem to be running around 48 full load, both cores.

Last edited:
Is that a stock E8400? If so yes you're right on the mark. My temps are 47,53 on my cores 3.8Ghz load pretty much the same loop. But my rad is sucking in warm air from inside the case so it'll be a little hotter than most.

I'm sucking warm air as well, but the case is open at the moment, so I discounted that fact. Secondly, I'm hitting the same load temps as you are, but stock and lapped, you have them all the way at 3.8, that doesn't seem quite right.

48c loaded with ambient temps of 70-ish is pretty good. My ambient temps are 77f and both my cores are idle @ 31c. Speed is 4.0Ghz with 1.3v so you're right within the mark.

use Realtemp for wolfdale and penryn cores (45nm cores). The TJ max is adjusted properly in Realtemp and will give you the correct temps. Coretemp uses a higher TJ max so the temps come out to be 10 degrees too high.

Unless Coretemp has updated their program. In that case, something is wrong, a stock E8400 should run at around 30 degrees.

Back