• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice for high temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ninth

At this point I'm past even asking if they arehigh, during a brief stint at 3.9 GHZ I was hitting 44 idle 59 load temps.

THis is an E8400 at 3.1~ vcore actual idle, 2.9 load, with an apogee GT. THe loop is MCP665 and a MCR 320, and it also passes through my GPU block, but the heat contribution of that is minimal.

I know the block is mounted well, I took it off once to check the adhesive and it was a very flat thin layer, I tightened it when I saw the temps, no change, and honestly I'm clueless. Those are terrible temps for watercooling and I'm out of guesses. (To boot, the CPU is lapped, also tested for flatness.)

THis is an E8400 at 3.1~ vcore actual idle, 2.9 load, with an apogee GT. THe loop is MCP665 and a MCR 320, and it also passes through my GPU block, but the heat contribution of that is minimal.

That vcore sounds a little high. Are you sure thats right? :p

What fans do you have running on that radiator? And also which radiator is it?

Ya I'm sorry. I guess actual is suppose to portray stock (didn't think of it that way), but we still need a number. Actual is no definite number, because stock is different for almost every chip.

Ya I'm sorry. I guess actual is suppose to portray stock (didn't think of it that way), but we still need a number. Actual is no definite number, because stock is different for almost every chip.

I'll have to cuncur. Every chip has it's own "Default/Stock" vcore as assigned by the board. We do need an actual number for this particular chip.

As for the system, except for the cpu block, it's basically new, as of like, a week ago. and I have 3 yl med speeds on the rad.

Edit: Wow, I misinterpreted what I said too. Ignore all the above numbers, I must have been on crack when I wrote that post.

stock for the chip: 1.28
What I had it running at in bios: 1.3375
CPUz reported idle voltage: 1.31
CPUz load voltage: 1.29

Doesn't really contribue to helping my problem, but good point...

Back