• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 9800GX2 $285?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its most likely not. gx2's have plummted. Really makes me think Nvidia marked up their cards 60% or something..

Pricing competition from AMD, and the fact that the GTX 280 is now the "new high end" means that you can get a pretty good deal on a GX2. It's just a bit more expensive than the GTX 260, but I think it will outperform that card unless you're doing high physics stuff.

Hopefully it means they are going to drop a G92b dual GPU card in the very near future :)

Pricing competition from AMD, and the fact that the GTX 280 is now the "new high end" means that you can get a pretty good deal on a GX2. It's just a bit more expensive than the GTX 260, but I think it will outperform that card unless you're doing high physics stuff.

It out performs the 280 is some tests as well.

Hmm...There's an SLI rig with 9800GX2's coming my way...

Gotta get a bigger PSU..

Meh. If quad SLI scaled like it should, I'd be all over this. Sad fact is it often gets slower than a single GX2 even and I don't expect them to devote a whole lot of time to the drivers :(

remember the card is long, like really long, 10.5 inches i think :/

wouldn't fit in my case if i tried :/

Must be an odd case, fits just fine in my mATX :p

I know some ATX cases it won't fit in, and the again I know some older ones that will fit it. Has to do with the front cages for the HDD's / Optical devices, thats what causes big issues.

Must be an odd case, fits just fine in my mATX :p

I bet you hate this... You probably paid ~$500 for your 9800GX2 and now its price is reduced to $285... Same thing happened with me when I bought my 8800GTX, I paid $530 and well, look at it now.

I know some ATX cases it won't fit in, and the again I know some older ones that will fit it. Has to do with the front cages for the HDD's / Optical devices, thats what causes big issues.

If it's a P180, or something similar, you can just pop out the front HDD cage... Unfortunately, this is necessary with most high-performance cards.

I bet you hate this... You probably paid ~$500 for your 9800GX2 and now its price is reduced to $285... Same thing happened with me when I bought my 8800GTX, I paid $530 and well, look at it now.

Doesnt bug me at all. I knew buying an earlyish 8800GT for $300 was overpaying, and value would plummet. Luckily EVGA extended stepup for the GX2 and I was able to get it for just another $300. Several months later, it's still the fastest card around, and that's much more than I'd hoped for. I thought I'd be buying a new card within a few months, GX2 has held up very well so far.

Damn, if I were in the US...
Doesnt bug me at all. I knew buying an earlyish 8800GT for $300 was overpaying, and value would plummet.
Guess how much I payed for my 8800GT? $350, except in £££.

Back