• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New w/c Armor+ Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BeHappy

This is my new rig. Completed a little while ago, but just got camera for pics.
I know that my loop is too big and my cable mgnt is lack luster, but this was my 1st time w/c (actually its my 1st real build in all) and I had no idea what was going on. Going to redo the loop and take out some unnecessary tubing and add the GTX and drain plug into the loop. She runs pretty good, idling at about 29c and maxing out in prime @ about 62c. I overclocked the q6700 to 3.6ghz for daily use. Overall I love her!!!! :attn: ouchmd.jpg

When I flush the coolant for the 1st time, Im going to just go clear water.

9qv9yc.jpg

I love the armor+ case. Everyone says how huge it is, I know. But she sure does have great airflow.

29lic5f.jpg

There is an air vent behind the tower that blows directly onto the radiator. Not sure if it helps, but sure doesn't hurt.

2euplqe.jpg

In the process of moving to new house (just graduated college in may) so it's little cramped in here. Overall I have been very happy with my 1st build. Let me know what u guys think!
IMG%5D
IMG%5D
IMG%5D
IMG%5D

overall looks good, especially for a first time build.

i wouldnt worry too much about reducing your loop. it looks fine.
getting good temps.. nothing to say other than good job!

Thanks man. I had a HP laptop with a celeron and 512mb ram for 6years... Although that thing refuses to die, I needed a new pc. Love my xbox 360 and all but theres nothing like some good 'ol PC gaming power!

I might cut down the tubing, but it's not a big deal. I think your wire management is fine; I wouldn't worry. Overall, very nice job!

Thanks guys. Its nice to see other folks into stuff like this. My friends think it would make an excellent beer kegerator... Now that I think of it:beer:

nice work, i have the same case and it was my first real pc build and w/c loop as well. temps are 27-28 idle and 35-36 load)

mine how ever is much messier than yours so be happy :) here is a pic of mine to make you feel better about yours :p

img0463zk4.jpg

img0464iw3.jpg

img0465tm9.jpg

Lol yeah mine might look cleaner, but your temps r incredible. Only 35c on load? Is that with prime, cuz that would be ridiculous? Where do you get those metal spacers to bolt down the radiator? I hate the way mine is mounted with stock hardware.

Spawn-how long have you had you w/c loop? How much maintenance have you done and has the blue additive created any gunk in your loop? And where does that T line run to coming out of your pump? Do u have another single 120 res attached to the top of your case?

ya thats with prime running for 15-20 mins of prime. remember i have 6 88CFm fans (well lower since there at 5v) plus a triple rad all for the cpu only.

i've had my loop for less than a month now. i did have crap build up already but i think its because of the tubing i plan to add my gpu to the loop and change to tygon. (i have clearflex 60 now) the blue stuff is pentosin G11 (vw antifreeze)

the metal spacers were cut by me from a flat bar i got from home depot. its just a strip of aluminum. cheap and easy.

the t-line runs to the top to a Danger den fill port and is placed in the tray at the top.

img0466fp6.jpg

Back