• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Simple Question about CPU Temperature on CPUID Hardware Monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PIMPDURB

Registered
I am just put together a pc and am now trying to overclock/optimize. I am fairly new to all this and am hoping that someone can help me with the following question. On the CPUID Hardware Monitor program that allows you to monitor CPU and GPU temps, I am confused with the CPU readouts. I notice that there is "CPUTIN" and then there is Core#0 and Core#1. When people are posting there temperature, which one are they referring to. CPUTIN is consistantly about 10 degrees cooler than the Core#0 and Core#2 temperatures.

For instance, I see people post, "4.2Ghz at 42 Idle and 62 Max Load". Are these temps referring to CPUTIN or the Core#0 and Core#1 temps. Thanks

core#0 and core#1 should be similar and usually when you are talking about temps you mention the higher of the two. when someone mentions idle temps that is when the computer really isnt doing much where as load temps are when you are running a program like orthos/prime95/benchmarks

I don't know what program you're running, but I've never heard of CPUTIN. It sounds Russian.

Download RealTemp and run through the calibration procedure b4 you start overclocking.
http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/
This will give you an excellent idea of what your idle and load temperatures are. Your idle temperatures don't matter so much as the load temperatures, but you might as well make the program read right throughout the whole range.
This program monitors the core diodes and uses that data to spit out a number for core temperature. It also displays the original Distance to TJMax data as well. The core temperatures are the temperatures that you want to keep an eye on.

GPUz will give you the info you need on your GFX performance.
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Last edited:
Back