• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rackmounts and hardware

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PLOBBY

I am looking to get a rack to put some mountable network gear I have. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should look to get one? I am not looking to empty my pockets but would like something decent. Any specific companies I should look at?

If you live by a community college or university, they often are disposing of racks of varying sizes. I work at UCI and we go through racks like crazy...

Try checking there :)

If you're looking for used racks, check out eBay or Craigslist like hkgonra mentioned. I personally like liebert racks (we use them in our datacenters), but they're not exactly cheap...

Are you looking for a mobile rack, or one that can be secured to the floor? Doors or none? Two post, or four post?

If you're looking for used racks, check out eBay or Craigslist like hkgonra mentioned. I personally like liebert racks (we use them in our datacenters), but they're not exactly cheap...

Are you looking for a mobile rack, or one that can be secured to the floor? Doors or none? Two post, or four post?

Mobile would be preferred -- No doors needed and two post is fine, it will just be networking equipment for the time being. 24u should work well. I can go 48u if it isn't much more price wise.

If you live by a community college or university, they often are disposing of racks of varying sizes. I work at UCI and we go through racks like crazy...

Try checking there :)

Where are they disposing of these racks? Last piece of trash I saw around campus was in Santa Ana.

Back