• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm sick of this error... help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caillech

Registered
I know its normal to get but this is my first water cooling rig and I've never seen anything in bios to get rid of it. I have a rampage formula and I get the error when booting up that there is no cpu fan. well obviously because its water and theres nothing plugged in but is there a way to remove this from popping up? appreciate it

try looking in the fan/temp monitoring section, there should be an option in there to ignor it. if not then you could just put a fan on the plug if you have a spare and have an extra case fan.

what i did for my setup when i went to water was keep the cpu fan i used plugged in and i just have it cooling the mosfets around the cpu.

otherwise you can get adaptor for one of your fans that you use and connect it to the cpu header.

I gotta agree with the above, if/when you go H20 you can lose a good chunk of the overall secondary case flow, so having a fan in there to help cool the mosfets and everything else is a good thing. But if you want total silence with no fannage there are gadgets you can get that will send a pulse signal through the header to fake out the mobo into thinking there is still a fan attached.

im tired of that error too lol i have a p5q and i was able to ignore it but it still pops up i just dont have to press F1 .....i wish there was a way you can completely remove it

If its like the Asus Z7S-WS mobo, in the hardware monitoring section you can go to the cpu fan warning (i think it's speed warning) and change it to ignore. No more annoying warning. Hope this helps :)

I bought a flow meter and a Flow Meter Frequency Adapter. The Frequency Adapter alows me to plug into the three prong cpu fan port and trick the mobo into thinking I have a cpu fan. It also alows me to use mobo fail safe if the flow meter stops the computer shuts down just as if the cpu fan stoped working.. works great!!

I had this error with my p5w dh deluxe. All you have to do is go to the hardware monitoring page and switch everything to disabled/ignored.

Thanks for the help, note to anybody with similar problems that use an asus board it IS in hardware monitoring under cpu fan options just click ignore for everything and it doesnt even show the error anymore. thanks all

Back