• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want to cool my case need fan input

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

Hello there folks,
my PC started "wailing" a few weeks ago and I suspect it is all the dust and stuff. I run with the case side open (no idea why) so there is a lot of dust inside the poor thing.

Anyway I wanted to ventilate poor ******* a bit and also close the side panel as I can't stand fans anymore. I know adding fans will add to sound level but I hope by closing the side panel it will dampen the sound a bit and by keeping it ventilated that I'll lower the decibels :)

I have a lot going on in my case :)

Opteron 165 @ 2.55
2 Gig RAM
8800 GT 512MB @ stock
3 harddrives,
floppy
DVD-Rom
CD-ROM

So a lot of cables and stuff inside.

Anyway I think I have place for at least one fan at front and 2 fans back ( it may even be 2 fans at front )

and these are the fans I can choose from:

https://www.inet.se/datorkomponenter/kylning---moddning/chassieflaektar/

So what should I do? Go for 4 fans or start with 2? More intake fans or more blowing out? Any tips are greatly, greatly appreciated :)
Ofc before I add these fans I'll clear all the dust out first :)

Thank you for your time!

Ok a little update... I can only mount 3 fans and I can only mount 80mm fans :(

I can have one at the front and 2 at the back :shrug:

So what fans should I choose and how to setup them, 1 blowing in and 2 out right?

Or should I just leave it all and run with the case open?

Back