• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quite new, need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cr4cKeR

Here's my rig:
Cooler Master Stacker 830
EVGA 780i SLI board
2x BFG 8800 GT (512 mb)
Intel E8400 (3.0 gHz)
4 gig OCZ ram (800 mHz)
Antec 850w w/ expansion Visiontec 450w

My rig is currently on air, and I want to look into liquid cooling because I'm looking to overclock it. I wanted some suggestions because I have a very hot run right now. I wanted to cool my 2 VGA's, my CPU, and my northbridge because it also gets very hot. Should I go with 1 or 2 radiators? Do I need cooling for all of those parts? This is my first liquid project so please help! Thanks so much, guys I appreciate it! Also any more info you need I have.

First off, :welcome: to the forums

You PROBABLY don't need more than one loop, you'll just need a 120.3 sized radiator (that would be a radiator that takes 3 120mm fans). Alternately you could look at using two smaller radiators.

You'll want a good pump with lots of head pressure, You may want to look at the MCP355.

As far as yoru Nb goes, typicaly a HSF on there is enough. Although, in some cases, it can help to WC the NB as well (it did for me).

I personally would build your loop without a NB block first, and if you do run into any issue with stability from heat in the NB, you can add a NB block later.

Alright that sounds like a good idea. Alternatively, I was possibly looking at using two entire cases. My old case I was going to use for the cooling reservoir, radiator and pump. My current case realistically is really cramped and I was going to do that so I can place fans to further cool the liquid and other mods just to make the second case look cool and not totally useless. Any input on that idea? I have the CM Stacker and was still going to use a couple fans just for further cooling in that case but I thought it would be highly efficient with the second case. Should I still only use 1 loop or go 2? Also will I need additional power to add this or no? I'm not sure how that works.

i would do 2 looks one for the gpu's and another for the nb and cpu but if your looking to save money im the guy you shouldnt listen to lol i like to overdo things and buy for the future so if it was up to me i would get a 120.3 for the cpu ( so you can overclock that thing and never have to worry about temps) and a 120.3 for the gpu's

but thats gonna cost ya.....you can get a 120.2 for the cpu and a 120.3 for the gpu's im sure your going to upgrade to something better in the future and all the new cards run really hot...

btw you should be fine with your psu i dont think you will need a bigger one but if you have doubts go to google and search for psu calculator

Alright that sounds like a good idea. Alternatively, I was possibly looking at using two entire cases. My old case I was going to use for the cooling reservoir, radiator and pump. My current case realistically is really cramped and I was going to do that so I can place fans to further cool the liquid and other mods just to make the second case look cool and not totally useless. Any input on that idea? I have the CM Stacker and was still going to use a couple fans just for further cooling in that case but I thought it would be highly efficient with the second case. Should I still only use 1 loop or go 2? Also will I need additional power to add this or no? I'm not sure how that works.

The stacker is a pretty popular case for Wcing. Do a search on here for Stacker and water cooling and you should bring up a number of threads, which should help you come up with some ideas of how to install everything. You SHOULD be able to get everything internal.

Back