• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O/C celly 600mhz, Stuck at 900mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aznboi64

I have a celly 600mhz 1.7v and I got it to O/C 900mhz @1.7v. I tried the other speeds like 105x9 and it works but for 110 or 115fsb I tried even upping the voltage and it just hangs at the start screen when you turn on your computer. I have a Abit be6 Mb.

have you tried increasing the voltage? What type of cooling? can your ram handle the higher FSB? what about NIC, vid card. etc.....

we need more info about your setup

I have a vantec6254OD w/ 7v mod and is very kewl at 21-22C idle. I have Texas Instrument 256mb pc133 and Matrox G450 Video and just changed my nic from a kingston to a realtek. I did bump it up to 1.8v but still nothing.

more important is your load temps..and also...bump the voltage higher...with good cooling 1.9, 2.0 shouldnt be a problem....

Idle temps don't matter as they affect upon your airflow and your case temperatures.

We'll need the full load temperature.

But get the full load temperature by using: Prime95 or CPUBurn and leave it there for say an 1 hour come back and your temperature while running it is your load temperature.

If its 45-50 your kind of at the limit and I wouldn't push the voltage any higher if its not then go for more.

But I doubt it'll be that high since the older Celerons were very cool, I had my 566 @ 850 w/ a CoolerMaster and changed the fan to a 38cfm fan.

Yodums

maybe 900 is just your limit with that chip...doesn't hurt to keep on trying though

How old is the chip? perhaps it just needs to burn-in for a while

I've been doing burn-in with toast recently and now running at 105x9=945mhz @1.75v. I think I'll stay at this speed for awhile till I burn it in more. This cpu is a SL4PB and I've checked the database and many people have pulled off great speeds. I'm very close to my 1ghz mark. And for prime95 its still at full load 25c/ 21c idle. I live downstairs and its hella cold so thats why I'm getting good temps and plus I have good fans.

Back