• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

everything in spanish?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdf_warrior

I just noticed that when I go to sites online that for some reason they keep displaying in spanish rather than english. It's occuring in Chrome, Firefox, and IE. Nothing has changed. I have checked the language settings in each one, in windows, etc, and everything is still set to english..

Any ideas of where else I could look or what could be going on?

I'm assuming you mean the Regional and Language settings in Control Panel? They are all still set to English. I had already checked there. I cant find a Spanish language setting anywhere. It only does it on web sites. Nothing else in the OS is Spanish. I primarily noticed it on Google. If I go to google.com, it opens google.es. Flushed DNS, checked host file to see if something got changed in there somehow, I cant find anything. I don't see anything out of the ordinary/extra running in Task Manager. Checked msconfig for something extra that may be running at startup that could be messing with a setting, nothing new there either. The only thing I've really done on this machine lately was, install Crysis: Warhead.

Any ideas?

Doesn't google remember what language you want it in? I'd say drop your cookies and temp files...

Its doing the same thing on my laptop now. I dont know how it got changed and dont know why it all of a sudden started doing this, but I went to my google preferences (link off google.com) and there is a setting to only search or prefer to search only sites in certain languages. It was on the recommended setting. I changed it to only english, and saved the settings and I think its fixed. Still weird though..

this could happen if you use a proxy from spain.. even if you didn't put it there, there are some viruses, spyware that can mess with your browser's connection settings. in firefox it's in tools - options - advanced - network - settings

¿podría usted darnos más información? ¿Está sucediendo solamente en hojeadores? ¿Usted ha comprobado para saber si hay gusanos y virus? ¿Usted instaló recientemente nuevas aplicaciones?

¿podría usted darnos más información? ¿Está sucediendo solamente en hojeadores? ¿Usted ha comprobado para saber si hay gusanos y virus? ¿Usted instaló recientemente nuevas aplicaciones?
Could you give us more information? Is it only happening in the browser? Have you verified there is no viruses or worms? Have you installed any new applications recently?

Its doing the same thing on my laptop now. I dont know how it got changed and dont know why it all of a sudden started doing this, but I went to my google preferences (link off google.com) and there is a setting to only search or prefer to search only sites in certain languages. It was on the recommended setting. I changed it to only english, and saved the settings and I think its fixed. Still weird though..

Mi Mal! Problemma Solucianad

It's all gibberish to me. Especially those upside down question marks. What the heck are those?

It's the same as the other one except it opens up the question. It's put before the question instead of at the end. Think of it as the opening parenthesis of question marks.

Back