• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brand new looking at Gigabyte EX58-Extreme (xs)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Guvernment

it does look nice, and love the 10 sata ports, but wonder if they are all all true Stat or a combo of sata and E-sata.

kinda got mixed feelings about the CMOS clear button on the back.
its a nice feature, but dont think that people clear thier CMOS that much that it requires a button thats easily accessible like that.
plus, if they are truely clearing the CMOS that much, then they most likely are fiddeling around in the back of the PC just as much and could hit the button on accident.

now wouldnt that just **** you off. got everythign rock solid and plug in a USB device and accidently hit the clear CMO. hope you memorized all the settings or wrote them down!

I think the clear CMOS button is a great idea, I have wires connected to my CMOS pins so I can jump it without having to snake my hand through wires to find the right jumper. In smaller cases, and especially with video cards being as big as they are now, clearing the CMOS can be a huge pain, a button in the back makes perfect sense. Well, as long as it's not too easy to hit. You should have to press the button pretty far to make it reset, like the reset button on the Antec 900 case. You can't hit it by accident, you have to really push to make it reset.

They ripped off asus on the cmos button...

Also...how good is it to have a heatsink so close to the OBS outputs...and if you want to add a SC...have all that heat adding to the SC...

Not too sure of that heat solution design...

Looks nice though...but just have to wait to see how it works in the real world..

The extra NB cooling is a bulkier version of what they included with their Extreme version P45 boards. And it seem to work quite well. This is also not the first time including a cmos button to the back for external access. Good to see hicookie point out they'll switch the pink mem slots to white, although it's not a huge deal :thup:

Can't wait to test drive one :drool:

i just thought it was a sort of hub to interconect everything. but there is still a FSB between the CPU and x58 chip isnt there? even if the connection to memory is direct?

the reset cmos i am sure you need to probably hold it for a few seconds for it to work, like other boards that have them :)

i still see it as a NB, since it handles everything else.... i think it will be hard to get a new name for it and have it widely used, at least for the first year or 2

amd uses an IMC or whatever AMD calls it. HT or sumtin.... and they still have a NB im with MrGuv i still see it as a NB it just doesnt handle mem anymore

Gigabyte GA-EX58-Extreme BIOS Screenshots Released:

Have a look:

50467124wn8.png

97584499rv6.png

24881750ph4.png

Source: http://www.jzelectronic.de/jz2/index.php

nice!

all these new goodies leaking out and me now considering taking parts from my HTPC to build my g/f a new system, which means i would move my current desktop to my HTPC, which meannnnnnnns i would need a new toy :)

Back