• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

purchasing new CPU, need mobo suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i've had pretty good luck with both my biostar boards.

i started out with a TF 570 SLI and it worked great (still does) its arrangment made a big pocket of heat andi wasnt havin that so i got this TA 770A2+ and its been goin good, took a little while to get my 3.4Ghz back but at the same time it was summer and i might as well not even bother with A/C on my end of the house

the best advice i have ever given to any one was dont buy asus, or you'll regret it in the long run

I would probably go with the Asus M3A97-T. Seems to be a solid board and a lot of people are getting good results from it.

Im not sure what you mean by "regret". I'v been with asus for the most part since the socket A days and I would say over all there has been very little to complain about. I have bought other boards too, both DFI, MSI more recently but I haven't found them to be any better than the asus on a whole. My second choice as of late has been DFI though, iv been impressed with their work.

I just can't think of why someone would regret going with asus, iv only ever had a problem with 2 of their boards and received replacements for both. Other than that iv had nothing go wrong that a bios update couldn't fix, the same could be said for the other high end companies.

It seems as though they have been one of the few companies that have supported updates for new hardware (AM2-AMD+ comes to mind).

In any case, I would suggest either an asus or DFI board. Both companies produce a solid product with all of the features that you will need. Im currently sitting on the cash to buy the asus board myself when deneb comes out, selling my M3A32 MVP/9850 rig to my sister instead of building her one, well it is more for her husband I guess.

Back