• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking to revise cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dapman02

Hi everybody,
With fallout 3 less than 2 weeks away, I am trying to get my computer as stable and cool as possible. I really want to over cool every part on my motherboard and need some help finding the best performance and parts. I will be updating while I find the parts, here's my list

CPU cooler: Scythe ninja (fanless) has provided me with sub 55 degree temps through the day WITH NO FAN!!!

Northbridge cooler: Looking at getting a HR-05 SLI (I think it's 05) but I'm very open to suggestions. Fanless would be nice in my case, but not necessarily a necessity

Southbridge cooler: Stock should be fine for it, right?

Votage Regulators: If someone could point me to some good ones that will fit underneath a scythe ninja that would be awsome. I need 8 of these for my P5Q-PRO

MOSDEF cooler x2: I would like to get the thermalright ones, but I think they sit too tall, could you point me out to some good ones

RAM fan: Looking at getting the Corsair Dominator cooler because of looks and performance, but if you have any other suggestions that would be awsome.

What's the matter with the stock nb heatsink and associated heatpipe on that board? I have a P5Q Pro myself and don't see the need for aftermarket cooling there, but then I'm not running high fsb clocks either.

As for a nb cooler, Neb is selling a Swiftech MCX159-Cu in the classies and I highly recommend it for nb cooling, even in passive mode. It's solid copper (even the pins) and works well even in passive mode with a case with decent airflow. I have one myself and used to use it on my P5WDH. I also have an HR05SLI and it's a nice heatsink for the nb, but I rather the Swiftech personally. As for the mosfet sinks, those microcool ones look like they will do the job.

What's the matter with the stock nb heatsink and associated heatpipe on that board? I have a P5Q Pro myself and don't see the need for aftermarket cooling there, but then I'm not running high fsb clocks either.

As for a nb cooler, Neb is selling a Swiftech MCX159-Cu in the classies and I highly recommend it for nb cooling, even in passive mode. It's solid copper (even the pins) and works well even in passive mode with a case with decent airflow. I have one myself and used to use it on my P5WDH. I also have an HR05SLI and it's a nice heatsink for the nb, but I rather the Swiftech personally. As for the mosfet sinks, those microcool ones look like they will do the job.

I'm running a fanless ninja, so there is little airflow around the northbridge. I am running 480 fsb so she get's pretty toasty. I'm running a temporary fan over the stock heatsink and it seems to be going pretty well so far. I'll check out that Swiftech, but the HR-05 seems to be a better choice for me because it sticks out more in the path of a bunch of air flow

The big issue I have with the HR-05 SLI is the mounting system was kinda flimsy and didn't hold it from moving around without modification. But like anything else that Thermalright makes, the design of the cooler itself is good and I think they've upgraded the mount system from when I bought mine.

The big issue I have with the HR-05 SLI is the mounting system was kinda flimsy and didn't hold it from moving around without modification. But like anything else that Thermalright makes, the design of the cooler itself is good and I think they've upgraded the mount system from when I bought mine.

Yea I did have one, and I mistakingly sold it with a motherboard thinking this cooling was adiquitte

Back