• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone use XSPC Passive 250mm Reservoir

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

killuazaoldyeck

hows the performance? im planning to replace or add to my 2x 240mm radiator for this. do you think its better than my current radiator or i can get lower temps? im planning to use 2x for my q9550 and hd4870x2

Last edited:
i think those things are bull there is no way that res can perform better than a regular rad if you want one get it for looks not for performance...

There is no way a res can cool as well as a radiator. However, if you are speaking to just add it in line with your other components I am sure it wouldn't hurt. Also, I didn't see at quick glance, is that res aluminum? What about mixed metals in a loops?

hows the performance? im planning to replace or add to my 2x 240mm radiator for this. do you think its better than my current radiator or i can get lower temps? im planning to use 2x for my q9550 and hd4870x2

Take the fans off your current rad. Two of those will be worse than that. Probably much worse.....

Adding it wouldn't hurt temperatures, but it's aluminum and in addition to mixing metals, it won't dissipate as much heat as say copper would in a radiator. I believe it's called a 'passive reservoir' because it wouldn't work to replace a radiator with this in a loop. It's merely a supplement to an existing rad.

lol. well., im just confused. maybe ill buy one or
just the EK reservior? which one do you think will look better?
A T-line and a drain line.

Want to play around with a rez? Build one.

Attachments

• rez small.jpg
    rez small.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 2,082
Those arent designed to replace a radiator. They are supposed to just add additional cooling to the liquid in the res, which I would be surprised if they did. BUT they look real freaking cool. If they were a little cheaper I would get one.

A T-line and a drain line.

Want to play around with a rez? Build one.

waah., im afraid to bulid one., leak leak leak...:drool:

yeah, now its all clear to me:) just one more thing, where can i buy white tubings 1/2 (ID) or white coolant? i found one but its 3/8. any link??

this is my current set-up, i want to change it to white tubings or white coolant

img3382zz5.jpg

img340810editedqf9.jpg

ddddaaaayyyyyuuuummmm, that is a clean setup you have.

as for tubing i dont think your gonna get white tubing that will flex enough, i know theres plumping tubing but that is very stiff and has all the markings on it.

that rig is just for SHOW i think. im still going to put my 2 rads just add the reservoir and do some mods. im still looking for the tubings and fittings i want to install. maybe couple of months before i get done my rig.

tnx for the link., mcmaster is close to my place, so i can just pick up. damn! they dont have white tubing for 1/2 ID. i found one here
do you think that one is fine?

Back