• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which sensor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kivin

Tonight I was surprised to see that, while Real Temp shows a 58c temperature on my E7200 under load, SpeedFan actually reflects a 68c temperature on the Core0 and Core1 sensors. Should I be worried?

Which reading should I be paying attention to, and how hot is too hot?

Well you can use speedfan if you can set the TJMax to 100, otherwise use RT or CoreTemp. RT is showing the correct temp.

Thanks. Mind telling me just what TJMax is, and why it matters? I've never really realized it had any relevance ... <- noob.

Is there an official "too f-ing hot" barrier for the C2Ds?

Fair enough. I was getting uneasy with my 63c on my original 3800mhz oc, so I guess I wasn't far off at all. When I saw 80s in SpeedFan, I nearly had a stroke.

1.)Realtemp for 45nm
2.)Coretemp for 65nm
3.) ????
4.) Profit

^_________^

Thanks. Mind telling me just what TJMax is, and why it matters
Max Core junction temperature before forced shut down by the Core due to it being into the imminently harmful zone. No one (I've seen) knows how it is worked out (as in physically) since there is a large and varying discrepancy between reported TJ and measured TIHS.

Back