• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WHICH PC FIRST OR SECOND ONE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ashleymunt

Registered
FIRST ONE

Customise your own SLI Gaming PC
Take advantage of the best in technology

Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q9400 Processor
(2.66GHz ,6MB L2 Cache, 4 Cores)
Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium -64/32
4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
500GB Hard Drive - SATA 2 with 16MB buffer
1024MB nVIDIA Geforce 9600GT Graphics
- Dual Graphics SLI Support
Blu-ray ROM Player / (Read/Write DVD, CD)
ASUS P5N-D Nvidia nForce 750i SLI Mainboard
Integrated HDA 7.1 Dolby Digital Audio
Gigabit LAN, 4/8 USB 2.0 & 2x Firewire Ports
New Coolermaster 690 Gaming Chassis
Anti-Virus, Video Editing and Office Applications*

OR

SECOND ONE

OUR BEST SELLER JUST GOT BETTER
Now with 1GB Geforce 9600GT

Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q6600 Processor
(2.4GHz ,8MB L2 Cache, 1066MHz FSB)
Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium + SP1
8192MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
500GB Hard Drive - SATA 2 with 16MB buffer
1GB nVidia Geforce 9600GT Graphics
22" Widescreen Flat Panel Display w/speakers
22x DVD +/-RW/RAM (Read/Write DVD, CD)
ASUS P5QL Pro High Performance Mainboard
Integrated HDA 7.1 Dolby Digital Audio
Gigabit Ethernet LAN, 12/6 USB 2.0 Ports
Logitech Cordless Keyboard & Optical Mouse
Multi-format Memory Card Reader
Anti-Virus, Video Editing and Office Applications*

THEY ARE BOTH £750.00

IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER IDEAS PLEASE CAN U TELL ME THEM OR WHERE I CAN JUST CUSTOMIZE ONE ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO MESS ABOUT I JUST WANT TO BUY ONE LOL IM LAZY HEHE THANK YOU PEOPLE... LOVE YOU ALL XXXXXX

I would agree. With the first one your getting a better processor and video set-up. The second your getting a monitor of unknown quality and more, albeit largely pointless, memory.

Are you buying this from a local shop or is there a website where we can take a look at the components and prices?

Last edited:
lol well thats why i said can you customize one for me on overclockers website because im sure they have good gaming computers. i need a gd computer t play call of duty 2 / 4 / 5 with 250 FPS or higher thats all lol....

E8500
P5Q-pro
2 x 2 gig kit of DDR800 will be fine
HD4850
Corsair 650tx // 750tx
chose your own case
TRUE-120 for cooler, but if you want something easy to install, i think the zalman CNPS 9500 is the easiest one and it is very quiet and performs quite well.

btw, 250fps is total overkill, as your eyes only see ~30fps (less than that.) You only need 50~60fps average.

one hd4850 paired with a E8500 should be able to play COD 4 at max (or close to max settings.)

if that isn't enough, you can get a secound one in crossfire, or a GTX 260 or a hd4870.

Im not being funny but that dont really make sense to me could you please on the internet on overclockers or a uk website please customize one or tell me which one to by give me link please thank you

The one I posted in a previous post shows a computer with no OS which is plenty powerful enough for what you want for £744.91.
I was in your position a while ago, wanted a cool fast new computer quickly and easily.
What I found was that it is cheaper, more rewarding and more efficient to read the stickys on this site and learn how to build your own computer. It is not rocket science, if you read carefully all of the stickys and ask educated questions, you will get a computer which is far cheaper and better.

John

but the thing is i really cba with all that trouble i just want to buy a computer there and then i have money to buy a dear 1 but i want a mid range one because i will only go @ weekends to lans and i need a new computer and AMD is not as good as Intel i heard all i know is that if overclockers do some pretty wicked pc's please copy and paste link to here ok thank you

right ok thankyou but you see the options what option do i choose for : OS/Processor/Graphics Card

The Processor and graphics card are fine that are already there. You could choose more expensive ones, but you woudn't use them at your resolution. The OS that you choose is up to you. You wouold have to choose a 64-bit OS though, as a 32-bit OS will not recognize 4gbs of RAM. Choose whichever you prefer (XP or Vista)

John

Are you sure that the ATI would run call of duty 2/4/5 ???? the call of duty 5 specs are Processor: AMD 64 3200+/Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz or better

Memory: 8 GB free hard-drive space, 512MB RAM (XP)/1GB RAM (Vista)

Graphics: Shader 3.0 or better, 256MB Nvidia GeForce 6600GT/ATI Radeon 1600XT or better so if that comp could run call of duty 5 it shud be able to run call of duty 2/4

Im pretty dam sure that would run CoD4/5.

The system in my signature is quite a bit slower than that one and can play crysis (which is much more system intensive) ok on all high setting.

As i said i'm pretty sure it can play CoD4, but if another member can confirm this it would be appreciated.

John

yeah it be alot better well i hope it does as im gonna order is tomoz lol ahhaa

Back