• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ah....gsrcrxsi is chasing me down

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
my system is subtle. only a 3.6GHz quad and a stock 8800GT. i looked yesterday and it looks like im the top producer of people in the 500-800,000 points range :)

putting out about 10-11,000 PPD with A2 cores, and about 8-9000 with A1's. im pleased with it :)

just wait til i get some more machines and a gtx 260 :)

ok. Well since i added the second 8800gts i might hold you off for a bit....we'll see.

fahmon predicts 12209 ppd now.

Morgantown ay....I'll be driving through there in a bit. Have a conference in lewisburg this weekend. BLAH. Lets hope the power doesnt go out when I'm gone or i'll def lose some PPD.

yea i go to school here. i didnt see that you were in wheeling. they just opened a new Best Buy up there. (i work at a best buy here, in geek squad)

Yea been in Wheeling since end of June. Big change from south FL. That new best buy sux by the way. No magnolia and it is tiny tiny.

Well then... in that case... I want to see you on Page 2 by the end of the month. No excuses! :D

I just bought a hard drive from gsrcrxsi. He may be reconfiguring for a boost?

(off topic)My prod has dropped because my quad folding smp has gotten some undefined error that I haven't been able to figure out or get around yet.

*Looks in rear view mirror and gulps* Just on page 2 so I expect I'll see you soon...

Eh...at the current rate I'm going looks like i wont get to page 2 until first week of december. Of course thats provided I have no hiccups from now till then.

Ahhem... No Excuses LB! Get out there and borg your neighbors toaster if you have to. :D

...btw- if you find that works please let me know b/c I'll go do the same. :beer:

No toaster but my i7 rig will be up and running by Saturday at the latest so i should be fine. Not sure what gpu's i want to run yet though so I'll take an 8800 out of this machine for the time being till i decide.

I think i'm leaning towards 3 recertified 9800gt's....can get them for pretty cheap on the egg these days. But who knows.

Whoo... what'd that baby cost ya? :eek:

With the increased memory bandwidth and HT on that platform... wonder how many Linux VMs you could get away with?

Seriously... I'd leave my GPUs where they are for a bit and play with the CPU Folding aspect to really see what she can do. :)

...and really, don't mind me... I'm just in my pep-talk mode. :D

Looks like it's working... ;) Nice work LB! :beer:

Yea I'm hoping to get a good boost running 2 x Linux VMs. Eventually there will be 3 gpus of some variety folding along as well.

Just getting to page two is a real challenge, these days! Congratulations Lofty! :clap: :clap:

Thanks Adak, page 3 was pretty slow going (stop snickering in the back there!) - I don't expect to jump a page for a very long time now!

But still, roll on the first milestone...:burn:

BLAH. Lets hope the power doesnt go out when I'm gone or i'll def lose some PPD.

BIOS power on and shortcuts in startup folder, that way if power does go out, when it comes back on they boot right up and start where they left off!

Back