• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So Happy to say good bye to ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

Today made me very happy I pull my balistix for the last time ! :clap: !

I have had nothing but problems with this ram . Random blue screens ( even when memtest passes) then the next time I would run memtest tonz of errors . With my 4x1 gig kits im on my 4th rma . ( 2 differnt mbs and 2 differnt cpu's)

I put my new OCZ pc6400 in today Im straped for cash right now as I have a baby due any day .So it only has 5-4-4-15 timmings @ 1.9v but im glad to wave good bye to Balistix . once my RMA gets back Im selling these kits local for dirt cheep I dont want the problems any more .

Thx guys im excited .

and not one blue screen today has made me happy .

I had only "one" RMA with my two sets of Ballistix but I am done with them. I thought Crucial would have learned their lessong from the disaster with the DDR stix but apparently not. When it comes time to build a nehalem next year it will either be G.Skill or Mushkin for my DDR3.

My 4x1GB D9 Ballstix 6400's are still going strong after 1-1/2yrs! *knock on wood! Paid $50 for the first set, and $20 for the 2nd. They've done well for me, and if they die tomorrow they were worth the price. I've had them at DDR2-1250 5-5-4-10 w/ performance level set to 7 at 2.3v.

be happy I know so manny ppl that it worked great then then once they go down hill it all bad .

my last 2 rmas i kept @ stock with a fan on them and they still died .

Are those micron D9 chips?

which D9's are you refering to? there are many kinds of D9's coming from micron/cruical....

all balli kits are some form of high speed D9 ic's, like the D9GMH's for instance. i still have a set of vaule ram with some D9HNL's single sided only 2x1gig. they max out at DDR2-900 cas5 1.8v, considering they are DDR2-667 cas4 rated thats good in my book for the price i paid back in the day.

Console which OCZ kit did you buy, can you link please?

Glad you like the new ram. And gratz on the baby, my daughter is just 6 months old last week, ahhh the little overclocker in training. Hard part is to decide which first, gaming or overclocking? Gaming would be cheaper :).

I got this ram .
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/PID-MX19221(ME).aspx

The site lists the specs as
Features

* 800MHz DDR2
* CL 5-4-4-15 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)
* 4GB (2x2048) Dual Channel Kits
* Unbuffered 240 Pin DIMM
* Platinum XTC* Heatspreader
* 2.1 Volts / 2.2V EVP**
* OCZ Lifetime Warranty

But CPUz lists this for Timming