• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EA Games Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grumpy_dog666

Been outta games for a few months now, and just got the urge to play some good old sports. EA SPORTS!!!

but ever since getting my 4850, i can't seem to run ANY EA Sports Game. NHL, NBL, Cricket. They all fail to load and crash back to Windows before i even see the crummy EA video at the start.

now i know the Vid Card works, cause i can play World In Conflict no probs. Anybody got any suggestions?

hmm, for some reason, i cna't run FEAR as well on my ATI gpu. even after i downloaded the latest patch. i'm in the same situation with you. maybe it's something Driver related. like, it's always been a bug and has never been fixed or looked at. and OMG, you're melbourne based as well. (off topic) dyou get all your parts from Pccasegear?

ok - so now i'm really ******ed!!!!!

a full reload of the computer and no change.......the only HW i have changed is the video card and a keyboard and mouse. nothing else.

and the games work on ALL other systems I own and games work on this one, just not EA Games.

CRAP!

LOL! yeh sorry i didn't get that either dfgfghbd. could you please explain? grumpy dog, are you running the latest ATi drivers?

Do you have the latest version of DX installed with the latest drivers. I have had that cause problems in the past.

OK - I'm sorry for digging this thread up afer OH SO LONG, but i've only just figured out the reason.

All EA Games were failing because of my overclock. Every other game worked fine, and worked well, except the EA Games.

ANNOYING!

An unstable or "unstable" OC has been the cause for many a game or app not running properly for ages now. Some games are more prone to this issue than others, some games just don't like to run with OCed hardware. Good to hear that you figured out the source of your problem.

Back