• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gateway P-7811 FX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tumnus

Thinking really hard about pulling the trigger on this, but I just want to check one more time - is there anywhere out there you can match this performance for this price?

And what if I want to add a Blu-Ray player at some point? I'm assuming its a pretty simple little job, but I just want to make sure.

Thanks guys.

You can't touch the performance for the price. Like most notebooks it has its quirks, the pulsing fan is my main complaint. The quality control is a bit lacking so make sure you give it a solid work through during your 14 day exchange period.

Yes, adding a blue ray is doable and just a simple swap.

Cool. I think I'm gonna pick up the one in the classies, actually, so I hope its well made.

no real complaints about mine. Build quality isn't the best, but its pretty good. The thing I hate the most is the dvdrw drive, but that can be replaced. Lets me play Fallout 3 with near max settings at 1920x1200

no real complaints about mine. Build quality isn't the best, but its pretty good. The thing I hate the most is the dvdrw drive, but that can be replaced. Lets me play Fallout 3 with near max settings at 1920x1200

That's what I like to hear. Thanks guys.

I bought it used; as far as I can tell, you're going to have some trouble finding one now. I would check out that auction website if I were you.

I think you can also buy a refurb through BB's website....Maybe not anymore, though.

It's on the way guys. I'm pumped. Been waiting to play Assassin's Creed....So hopefully the p-7811 can hang.

i have heard all good things about the performance, little quirks here and there like the pulsing fan that ou_phidelt mentioned but ive heard performance wise it is great

Yeah; fan's been pulsing already. Whatever though....It's a lot more quiet than my desktop was, and that was a pretty quiet desktop.

I have to chance to get this laptop for really cheap, but in the refurbished model.
I've never actually purchased a laptop and was wondering if I should beware of refurbished laptops.

how cheap is it? Where is the refurb from? if it comes with a 1 year warranty I would buy it. It's an awesome value gaming wise.

I looked at tigerdirect, and it only has a 3 month warranty. I love my laptop, but that's not a whole lot of reassurance.

I looked at tigerdirect, and it only has a 3 month warranty. I love my laptop, but that's not a whole lot of reassurance.

I mean you can add the 1 year warranty to it.
So you get the laptop for $900+1 year warranty. Is there a laptop with similar specs that rivals this one for the same price?
I'm looking to get a christmas present for myself, but not spend $1500.

shoot sorry buddy. It would be worth it for 900 with the warranty. As far as i know there is nothing that comes close specs wise for the amount of money.

P-7811 Power Button not working

I just got through following detailed/pictured instructions on how to disassemble by p-7811 fx. I needed to clean my fans. After putting everything back together, my power button isn't turning on my laptop. Help!

Back