• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI P45-T2RS PLUS Play Nice With E8500?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
why do you think it wouldnt play nice? you mean for ocing or what exactly? its P45 so you shouldnt have any issues with E8500. however if you get a board with a early bios still then of course you want to get the lastest bios.

why do you think it wouldnt play nice? you mean for ocing or what exactly? its P45 so you shouldnt have any issues with E8500. however if you get a board with a early bios still then of course you want to get the lastest bios.

Evil,

My son's new rig, upgrading from a P4 3.06 7300GS. We know nothing about the DFI boards.

Up and running with a single 9800GTX.............there is a slight difference in performance! :D Still stock but not for long......... :)

o he is so lucky! :santa:

have fun ocing it! :beer:
they do require a bit more tweaking then other boards do. as you will see from the large number of bios options.

o he is so lucky! :santa:

have fun ocing it! :beer:
they do require a bit more tweaking then other boards do. as you will see from the large number of bios options.

Evil,

Yep, he was forewarned about DFI BIOSes. They give me a headache. Doesn't see anything he can't handle in time. When he gets it all worked out, I'll build the same and use his settings! :) Gettin' too old for this ****!

Since I have your attention: Frame rates, are the CoD5 built in frame rate indicators comparable to what the 3D Mark apps would show?

i dunno, dont have COD5, i dont recall what engine that was made on. since 3dmark is ment to bring graphics cards to a craw or well try. i would say right now that 3dmark is going to be harder on the gpu then cod5.

i've got my 8400 sitting at 4.2 right now. Everything seems to be pretty stable, just make sure to get some nice ram. I'm runing OCZ Reaper 1066 which is a lot better than the GSkill 800 I originally got. I couldn't get it past 3.8 with the GSkill and now it's up to 4.2 with the OCZ. Check out the "ABS makes overclocking easier" thread. It's got almost all the info you need for ocing the e8000 series.

Back