• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know what this error code means that I got after a BSOD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RaV3N

When I play Tomb Raider Ive been getting this BSOD. Heres the error code:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 00000080049D58D0
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF80001AF86EF

Any idea on whats causing this or what it might mean?

Well I was attempting to overclock and windows kept BSOD of death and I had thought that windows may be corrupted but then it worked fine, now while I was playing tomb raider, all of a sudden it crashed with a BSOD saying something about NTFS. Now I cant even boot into windows , it keeps BSOD. So im guessing windows is corrupted or I have a virus? Now this is the weird part, after a few tries it will boot into safe mode. So in safe mode i ran system file check scan and a chkdsk and came up with no errors. So I try to boot back into winodws normally then BSOD all over again but yet safemode may work??!?!?! Virus? Is it possible it my harddrive?

I would set your system to default settings in BIOS then try doing a memtest86+, chkdsk (bad sectors too), and defrag in safe mode. If you can spyware removal and virus scan too.

Do a recovery from your install disc. While you were trying to O/C you might have corrupted some files.

I have never had this experience on sata drives however on pata drives I have had loose cables that caused similar problems. If you have pata try unplugging the ribbons at both ends and plugging them back in that might fix it.

Edit::screwy: Why did I post this to this thread?????????:screwy:

Last edited:
seems to me as your drivers are screwed up. I've had a similar issue before. My problem was with the video drivers issue then escalated to audio and storage. I ended up re-installing the windows to avoid any further issues.

ProductID 256-1????, it would be visable like 10 lines or so below the 1033 line.

if so, it is a mems problem, run memtest, see what is, you just be able to 'fix' the problem with a slight increase in Vdimm...

what concerns me is you can't get into winders normally, maybe a repair sequence as mentioned previously....i might add that when pushing my system finding out the max parameters of everything, only once did i have to do a 'repair' sequence, every other time and adjustment of bios settings got me up and running again....

laterzzzz

Last edited:
I ran memtest no errors, so Im just gonna do an install and make sure i have an image saved for next time. Im pretty sure its from overclocking cause it wouldnt boot into windows about5-7 times, kept crashing when overclocking.

Back