• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foxconn A79A-S and 6000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

apenland01

How do I adjust the HT Multiplier in this BIOS? There is one setting called "CPU-NB HT Link Speed" and the choices are from 1x-13x. I adjusted this setting down to 4x, so my HT Link wouldn't go over 1000, but it never changed. As I bumped up the "CPU/HT Reference Clock", the HT kept climbing, no matter what I changed the "CPU-NB HT Link Speed" setting to. Obviously, when I hit about 235, I had major instability and no way to make the HT slow back down to under 1000.

Is there anyone familiar with the BIOS settings for the A79A-S that can tell me where and how to change the HT multiplier? I'm clearly not seeing it, or it is linked to some other setting and not allowing me to down regulate the HT.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :D

Last edited:
Not exactly a helpful post but I had the same mobo and chip as you. I installed every OS under the sun for about a week. Once I hit MS Vista 64 there was an update for the network card. Like an idiot I didn't uncheck it and from that point on the onboard refuses to load any driver. Clean OS reinstalls don't help. It just plain out refuses to load drivers even though the nic light is on and the OS see's the device.

Their tech support has been horrible. They are in another country opposite of EST. Stay away from Vista updating drivers for your network card.

Bummer.........

I haven't had any problems with this board, other than I can't figure out how to get the HT multiplier down. I have everything running at stock until I can figure out (or someone can tell me) how to OC this board through the BIOS.

I am running XP 32 and I have no experience with Vista, but I can't imagine that Vista would've hosed the board in some way. Did you try a driver cleaner program to get rid of any extra driver remnants? That might help.

Good luck!

Have you tried using AOD instead of the BIOS ...?

No, I have never used a software based OC tool. I have always been able to figure out my own BIOS settings and get decent OC's on air. I don't have an aversion to software, just never used one.

It's more of a principle thing at this point with this board, so I can understand the BIOS settings I need to change. I'm one of those people who WANTS to understand what all the BIOS settings are for, instead of letting a program tweak the settings in the background.

I'll read up on the AOD program to see what it's about.

I prefer BIOS OC'ing as well but if you're having trouble with the thing I just thought I'd suggest it. I don't know how well AMD OverDrive works with K8 but it's fantastic for K10 - settings even the BIOS doesn't support. :)

And you can use BIOS for everything else. AOD doesn't reset your BIOS settings on start-up or anything but it does allow changes from Windows ...

I don't know how well AMD OverDrive works with K8 but it's fantastic for K10 - settings even the BIOS doesn't support :)

That's great news, because I got the 6000+ because it was so cheap and when the 9950's drop below a hundy, I'll simply drop it into this board and off I go!

Have you tried using AOD instead of the BIOS ...?

i would not SUGGEST using that right now. i tried that video card killing software. i just opened the program just to see what was up and then closed it. POOOOF!! system locked upped and then it auto shutdown. case lights went erratic in flashing. ended up investigating wtf the deal was. if puts your pci-e 16x slot to 250mhz. i didnt even touch anything. so if you do use it on this board then MAKE sure you look at this bus speed before closing it.

i personally like the foxone software. works wonders but you can not change HTT. i tried changing HTT in bios to 7x and 8x and it didnt change. this motherboard bios has all sorts of goodies in there. i have spent hours googling to see what is what. i just raised fsb. good enough.

ps.. so you have a heads up, when you throw a phenom in there the bios changes to phenom stuff. so, you think you will master it with X2, slap a phenom in and things are different (least what i have come across in manual).

Last edited:
Back