• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) $5 AR shipped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I recently got a set of 2 x 1Gb Crucial PC8500 Ballistix for $0.99 AMIR. They aren't D9's of course, but still a good deal for a back up kit.

I forgot to add there is also a $5 coupon for the 4gb one just look around google you'll find it. I don't know if posting coupon code is allowed here or not :O

HOLLY CRAP 1.99 AR for 2x1gb ddr2 8500

2.1v 5-5-5-15 for 1066mhz not bad!

although i absolutly HATE mir's

+1
The HELL with rebates. Unless the pre-rebate price is a good deal to begin with, I'm never touching another one again. Rebates make me :mad:

I got the 5-4-4-18 Fata1ty ram for 37.99 shipped... no rebates.

+1
The HELL with rebates. Unless the pre-rebate price is a good deal to begin with, I'm never touching another one again. Rebates make me :mad:

I got the 5-4-4-18 Fata1ty ram for 37.99 shipped... no rebates.

Rainless,

Overall I agree with you, that's what they depend on; not filling one out but I always go through the hoops if the deal warrants it.

Rainless,

Overall I agree with you, that's what they depend on; not filling one out but I always go through the hoops if the deal warrants it.

I have a big problem with people saying things like "$5 shipped.. After rebate."

Because it's NOT five dollars shipped! When they SHIP IT... you're paying more like fifty dollars... So it's really $50 shipped... THEN five dollars after you get the rebate months later.

I made this point here years ago.

Sry..I won't do that next time :O Anyway I personally don't have any problems with rebates.. I've done over 10-20 rebates and I think I got most (if not all) of them back without any problems. We'll see how this one goes :\

not to mention if you live in an area like cali, you get taxed (for my 7.25%) on the original value, before cupons or MIRS....

i just dont deal with reabates IMO theres no point cus you have to pay up front then hope that you get your money half a year later.

Im 100% with you on this one rainless!

Never had a problem with OCX, Patriot, Corsair, Corsair power supply MIRs ever. For about $7 total, tax and shipping, those OCZ's can't be beat. By the time you forget about them, the check arrives to a pleasant surprise.

Email "Notify" arrived from NewEgg and mine are ordered as a spare pair! :)

Last edited:
With all due respects to those that care to differ, but as the OP stated, it would be $5 shipped, after rebate, whether it takes a month or three, your net cost, after the rebate, would have been $5.

I always get my rebate and if you do the math, they are one heck of a great return on your investment (original purchase price).

If you have troubles with rebates, then I suggest that you revisit just how well you read instructions...I've gotten all but perhaps one rebate out of the 500 or so that I've claimed within the last 7-8 years.

Back