• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD501LJ VS P7K500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
no clue what the HD501JL is but i have a P7K500 in my server... only reason i have it is becasue bestbuy had a deal on a simpletech 500gb external hd for 40 bucks... i bought it, took the hd out to put in my server.

I personally wouldnt go outta my way to buy a P7K500. its a 250gb platter drive but has very slowed down head movements to make seeks no louder than idle and to reduce power (almost like a WD green power drive, but the hitachi spins at 7200rpms) problem with slowing down the head movements is random access time goes up.. upwards of 18ms.

Honestly id rather go with a 500gb -640gb drive from WD or seagate.

no clue what the HD501JL is but i have a P7K500 in my server... only reason i have it is becasue bestbuy had a deal on a simpletech 500gb external hd for 40 bucks... i bought it, took the hd out to put in my server.

I personally wouldnt go outta my way to buy a P7K500. its a 250gb platter drive but has very slowed down head movements to make seeks no louder than idle and to reduce power (almost like a WD green power drive, but the hitachi spins at 7200rpms) problem with slowing down the head movements is random access time goes up.. upwards of 18ms.

Honestly id rather go with a 500gb -640gb drive from WD or seagate.
I was wondering where i could read about the P7K500 tech the only thing i could find is on hitachi site and they said nothing about seek time just idle time unloading the heads to save power with the platter.:beer:

Last edited:
Back