• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclock=scoring less?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andy7000

Registered
Hi Guys. I have just overclocked my 8800gt and my amd 4200 both by 10%. The problem is that my score in 3dmark03 is 16980. Before I overclocked them the score was 19200????

Could the problem be my power supply or something else, it's a feeble 380watts? LOL!

I've tested using prime and everything seems fine. Thanks for reading

First, personally, I would suggest not using such an archaeic benchmark. At least do 06.

Second, are the settings different from your 19k run to this one?

380W PSU though sounds a bit weak and possibly the issue. What is the brand PSU? How many amps on the 12v rail?

Sorry for late reply, had to go out.

I think the settings are the same. Generally, what the best settings to have when running 3dmark.

The PSU is called IS, probably the cheapest available.

I think it's 0.5 amps on the 12v rail(blue). Not sure though, very new to this stuff.

Thanks for the welcome, will check the link now(just noticed it).

Its not .5A thats for sure. Your PC wouldnt be running without smoke pouring out of the PSU if it turned on at all!!! Look on the side of the PSU under the 12v+ rating. My guess is that thing may have 15-20A listed, but really more like 15 available. Personally, that would be my first upgrade when you have some cash.

Let me quote something I saw on another website, "benchmarking is a drag race, the object is to get to the end as fast as possible".

With that in mind, you should turn your AA and AF off, as well as turning all things you can to PERFORMANCE instead of quality.

LOL!

Just checked again and it's 16!

I also downloaded new drivers for my card and used ntune. Now getting 31300 when benchmarked!

Thanks for the advice, looking for a PSU now.

Back