• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Dead]$1.99 250G WD external Hard Drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Has to be a price error, but ordered a few anyway just in case :)

Edit: Knew it was a price error.. They are now $99 each when you add it to the cart.. Though my total order was $34.98 with shipping before they changed it.. Im sure they wont honor it but who knows

Aren't they the same people who sold those video cards cheap then had to refund a bunch of orders? I think this is intention, to get traffic...

Best case I get my 10 drives (Unlikely)

Worst case im out $35, so not a huge deal..

Edit: lol, just received two emails.. One was an order confirmation, the second one was this.

"Dear,

We have encountered a problem in processing your order and have had to CANCEL the item(s) listed below for the following reason:

CR - Order canceled per customer request

We apologize for this inconvenience. No charges will be or have been processed to your credit card for these CANCELLED item(s).

Regards,

eCost.com"

Im POSITIVE I didnt cancel the order :)

Last edited:
:bang head

Isn't it about time we wised up and stopped posting these obvious pricing errors?

I'm going to ask my fellow OCF community members to contact the etailer next time and alert them to their mistake. When you post such a "deal" here all it does is create hard feelings and a lot of work for the etailer. Plus, if they're doing it on purpose you're giving them the attention they want. Don't do it!

Just send an email and go about your business. You'll be doing everyone a favor that way.

Stupid me. I only ordered one = 1.99 + 9.50 = 11.49 for just 1!!! :bang head:

At least I got it.

No you didn't.

I'll tell ya' what. This time I'll give you an e-palm reading for free. Next time it's $5.

I see in your future.... a cancellation email.

Happy holidays everyone :santa2:

:bang head

Isn't it about time we wised up and stopped posting these obvious pricing errors?

I'm going to ask my fellow OCF community members to contact the etailer next time and alert them to their mistake.

Hmm... You'd better start helping your fellow OCers pay their bills and buy their gear then...

1. Sometimes these "pricing" errors work.
2. It's hard to tell (especially on some obscure site) which prices are legit and which are not
3. It is not our responsibility... as consumers... to make sure that retailers/etailers display the correct prices. (it's actually FAR from our responsibility.)
4. ...and this one comes from:

Lou Reed said:
You can't depend on The Goodly-Hearted
...the goodly-hearted make lampshades and soap

LOL.

I actually once got 4 $300 bikes for $80 TOTAL. I went back the next day to get some more (I could only fit 4 in my car) and let's just say the manager was no longer working there. :D

Do you accept credit?

Yes, via PayPal :beer:

Hmm... You'd better start helping your fellow OCers pay their bills and buy their gear then...

1. Sometimes these "pricing" errors work.
2. It's hard to tell (especially on some obscure site) which prices are legit and which are not
3. It is not our responsibility... as consumers... to make sure that retailers/etailers display the correct prices. (it's actually FAR from our responsibility.)
4. ...and this one comes from:

I call BS. 99.999999% of the time these pricing errors result in nothing but mass cancellations. This is particularly true when the price is so obviously in error, such as 250GB hard drives for $1.99. It doesn't take a genius to see any orders at that price stand NO CHANCE of being honored.

The people that post these "deals" aren't doing anyone any favors. In fact, sometimes people even have to wait extended periods of time or jump through hoops to get all their money refunded.

These types of posts are a complete waste of everyone's time.

Furthermore, it is dishonorable to exploit a pricing error. Have you no morals?

Yes, via PayPal :beer:

I call BS. 99.999999% of the time these pricing errors result in nothing but mass cancellations. This is particularly true when the price is so obviously in error, such as 250GB hard drives for $1.99. It doesn't take a genius to see any orders at that price stand NO CHANCE of being honored.

The people that post these "deals" aren't doing anyone any favors. In fact, sometimes people even have to wait extended periods of time or jump through hoops to get all their money refunded.

These types of posts are a complete waste of everyone's time.

Furthermore, it is dishonorable to exploit a pricing error. Have you no morals?

If you dont like it, then dont read these threads..

No, I have no morals :p

Back