• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Modules Installer has stoppped working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cant.Touch.This

I cannot find a fix for this at all. I've made sure that Windows Installer services has started and set to Manual in services.msc but still doesn't update/install without failing. I basically can't get any updates, not even the critical IE7 patch. Any more help on this? Most of the searches I came up with have the same 'solution' - services.msc and start service though it doesn't help at all. Grealtly appreciate any help here! :(:(

Attachments

• problem.JPG
    problem.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 400
Did you have a look at the View Problems details in the pop up box shown

Can you go Directly to Microsoft Updates and try from there, at downloading updates and a New installer

Did you have a look at the View Problems details in the pop up box shown

Can you go Directly to Microsoft Updates and try from there, at downloading updates and a New installer

Can you provide a link for the new installer? I'll have to try this when I get back to my computer, thanks.

And I can't go to Microsoft Updates, it just automatically opens the integrated Microsoft Update in my Control Panel.

Last edited:
Back