• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Celeron D CPU??? wont turn on

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RSDXzec

Disabled
ok, i found an old mobo which still had the CPU in it. So i took out the CPU and put it in my rig (in sig).

I tried to boot up the PC and it wouldn't turn on, i mean it wouldn't pass POST, like the screen wouldn't turn on but there was still power going thru the PC i mean the lights were turning on.

And i had an oc on my Q6600 in the bios so i thought that was the problem, i put my Q6600 bak in a put my bios to Auto settings, i put the Celeron back in and i still have the same problem.

also what happens if ur CPU doesnt support SLI, doesnt it turn on? because i have sli and i dunno if i should put in the CPU with only 1 card in.

Im pretty sure its really hard to break a CPU so could someone help pleeze???
The cpu dont look scratched or anything, id really like to make it work please

Check at motherboard manufacturer site, from wich bios version is Cel-D supported, and update with old cpu if needed.

i have the latest bios already on my computer. And what do you mean update with old CPU, how would i do that if the PC dont start up with it?

no i didnt clear the CMOS when i put in the new CPU, should i put in the new CPU and clear CMOS?

And why should i put in an older bios?

Blank screen is usually sign of unsupported cpu. Try to clear the cmos with the jumper.
btw what is the point of changing a Q6600 to a celeron-D ?

Back