• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are these good BIOS settings for an i7 920 @ 4.0GHz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JOHNNY_NOOB

Registered
Hi I have an i7 920 and want to OC to 4 GHz.

Here are the settings that I am about to change, are they good, or is there something left out?

Total CPU freq: 4000 MHz
CPU multiplier: 20x
BCLK: 200 MHz
CPU Vcore: 1.4000V
RAM mult: 6x
RAM freq: 1200 MHz
QPI link freq: x36
QPI link freq: 7.2 GT/s
Uncore freq: x13
QPI/VTT voltage: 1.515V
Turbo mode: disabled

specs of my system:

Core i7 920
3GB of Corsair DDR3-1333
ASUS P6T (non deluxe)
Corsair TX 750w PSU
Antec 900 case
XP 32bit

I also am trying to find a good cooler for as little as possible, would this be a good HSF for 4.0 GHz?

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8...5_AM2_939_940_754_CL-P0508.html?tl=g40c14s757

I currently have stock cooling and am not going to overclock until I get a new cooler. I gave a link to the cooler I had in mind in my original post.

Hi Johnny_Noob.... for the cooler you may want to check out the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme w/1366 bolt through kit.

The V1 by Thermaltake is also an excellent cooler, but TRUE beats it by few degrees.
the core i7 cpus are very hot - so good cooling is needed !

I just got my new motherboard (ASUS P6T non deluxe) and the only thing that worries me is that it sais it is rated for up to 6.4GT/s, in order to achieve 4.0GHz I need to have 7.2 GT/s. Will this affect me at all or am I alright?

Also if I don't have any fan covers I am worried that bugs will fly into my bright lit up fans and go SPLAT all over my expensive motherboard. Is this a reasonable fear or am I just being too cautious?

Back