• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 930 overclocked at 3.8Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

txR

Hello,

I came up with my first overclock today and wanted to share my results/settings with you and know if I have to change some settings and maybe some tips to go to 4ghz (I failed all my tests this far when going to 4ghz).

My specs are :
CPU : i7 930
Mother board : GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 rev 1.0
RAM : 3x2GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 2000mhz
Case : COOLER MASTER HAF 932
Ventirad : Noctua NH D14

BIOS Settings :

CPU Clock ratio : 21x
QPI Clock ratio : x36
Uncore clock ratio : x20

BCLK Freq : 181
SPD : 10.0

CPU Vcore voltage : 1.25 V
DRAM Voltage : 1.66 V
Everything else is in auto

RAM Timing is 9/9/9/30 and runs at 1810 Mhz so far.

I tryed to overclock to 4ghz with Vcore voltage up to 1.33v without success (BSOD after +10min in OCCT).
Using Vcore voltage at 1.23750V for 3.8ghz OC also get me a crash after +30min in OCCT.

What do you guys think ?

Thank you !

Try reading through this guide:

http://www.overclock.net/t/538439/guide-to-overclocking-the-core-i7-920-or-930-to-4-0ghz

Using this got me near 4GHz with my i7 920 on an Asus P6T back in the day. There is a lot of useful information in this guide, especially on BSOD errors and what you need to fix specific codes.

My old build is still in service, and I believe it is used daily.
Hope that helps.

Yeah actually that's the one I used :)
I've downloaded the Bluescreen viewer and mostly the error I had with 4ghz was "0x124 = increase/decrease vcore or QPI/VTT...have to test to see which one it is" and also had 0x24 = "Disk corruption (Did you OC the PCI-E bus?)"

Last edited:
Back