• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I can't overclock with any settings I7-9700K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeffM

I've been trying to overclock to an i7-9700k for a few days and I don't succeed at all, it doesn't work with the following settings, it only stays at 4.68

https://prnt.sc/tbomk3

CPU Ratio Apply Mode: All Core
CPU Ratio: 50
CPU Ratio Mode: Dynamic Mode
CPU Ratio Offset When Running AVX: 0
Ring Ratio: 47
EIST: Disabled
Enhanced Turbo: Auto
DigitALL Power: CPU Load Line Calibration Control: Mode 5
DigitALL Power: CPU Over Current Protection: 140%
CPU Core Voltage Mode: Adaptive
CPU Core Voltage: 1.370V
Intel C-state: Disabled
Long Duration Power Limit: 4096
Long Duration Maintained: 128
Short Duration Power Limit: 4096
CPU Current Limit: Auto

MSI Z390 PRO CARBON
I7-9700K
MSI GTX 1660 SUPER GAMING X 6GB 1830 BOOST CLOCK
CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO WHITE 32 GB 3200MHZ ( 4x8 )
AIO DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX L2 240 V2
CORSAIR TX650M SEMI-MODULAR 80+ GOLD
WD GREEN SSD M.2 480GB

Don't mean to insult you but are you sure you didn't get the non k version of the 9700?

JeffM, we would prefer you attach your pics directly to your posts rather than link them. You can use the icon tool in the tool bar of the new post window or the "Go Advanced" button at the lower right corner of any new post window.

Okay, we need some clarity here on your problem.

What speed were you trying to overclock to? 4.7 ghz or higher? If only 4.7 ghz the pic of CPU-z shows you are reaching that. And TaskManager shows 4.68 ghz so you're good to go. .02 ghz is a normal variation in reporting software and even of the systems' frequency metronome itself.

I see a try of 50 on cpu multi. That tells me he's trying for 5 gig or better.
That ain't gonna happen on ambient temps usually. At least with any kind of 24/7 stability.

Yes, I see 50x now in OP's first post. Missed that.

JeffM, do you have the most recent bios version installed? I'm guessing this is a bios issue.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Try changing only the multiplier and the voltage while leaving all else on auto. I think disabling EIST may be your problem. I think disabling it limits you to turbo speeds.

https://www.teckknow.com/intel-core...-z390-gaming-pro-carbon-motherboard-review/6/

all this was happening because of the bios battery

On a board manufactured that recently? That is weird. I usually only see depleted CMOS batteries on units that are like 10 years old.

Back