• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mekks

i just downloaded 7 beta off msdn. im thinkin about installing but im unclear as to the drivers. i know ati has a "7" driver. but will vista drivers work for the rest of my stuff?

I thought that was supposed to be one of the main ideas behind Windows 7 was that it would be close to 100% compatible with all Vista Drivers. But with any beta, you are running a risk as far as wasting your time if you cant get all of your gear to work.

yea i understand that. just wanted to give it a few days and see how it runs. all the hype gave me a itch :p

Some drivers I needed were only available in .exe form, but running it in compatibility mode worked just fine.

I installed a winxp driver for my sound card and that worked fine. 7's compatibility mode seems to work well.

Just updated to build 7057 and I seem to be having trouble installing my audio drivers for my P5Q-E. Weird part is I had no issue for build 7000

edit: for stupid mistake.

Last edited:
Back