• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Disk drives no longer showing up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

katka

I have three disk drives on installed in my computer. A CD-RW drive, DVD-ROM drive, and a virtual DVD-ROM drive. Earlier today I was uninstalling some games to clear up some hard drive space. Afterwords I noticed that none of my disk drives were showing up in My Computer. They show up in Device Manager but it says the drivers are missing.

I've tried reinstalling the drivers for the physical drives (through the device manger I don't know the exact make and model of the drives to search for the drivers on the internet) and reinstalling Daemon tools (which is what the virtual drive is from) however they are still not showing up. I can't figure out what caused this.

I would just reinstall Windows but sadly I've lost my Windows disk so thats not an option (nor do I have the money right now to buy another copy). Any ideas on what caused this would be greatly appreciated.

Computer specs are:

Windows XP SP2
Althon XP 1700
NF7-S
512MB RAM
Radeon 9500
80 and 60 GB HDD
(yeah I'm aware this computer is pretty outdated but I won't have to money to upgrade until at least may)

Last edited:
Back