• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

impossible to overclock acer aspire x1200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

violentj69

do i need a bios update er something?(think its acer bios revision 1.05 right now) theres no fsb settings at all in my bios, ntune doesnt work either, only on the integrated nvidia 8200 gfx card. can someone help?, tried googling mobo type for aspire x1200, but i just got the usual loop of links that don't help at all. tried diff software too (like clockgen) nothing. is the amd x64 4050e dual core @2.1ghz not able to overclock? :bang head !! just 500mhz more and gta4 would run flawless on my comp. its so close...so close...just lowers fps when im on certain streets in the game other times it runs as good as console version.

btw comp specs, acer bla bla u already know 2.1 ghz dual core, bla
3gb ram
geoforce 8200 with what windows claims has 512 deticated but up to 1.7 shared gb vid mem? (weird number)
win7(awesome)/vista(window's abused red headed stepchild)

...horrible.. 549$ wasted......****in walmart.... no way i can change the bios?

OEM computer's are notorious for being clock locked. There are a few, like DELL that allow for limited overclocking, but that's about it. In general, if you want a system for overclocking, build it yourself with parts that you have hand picked.

yeah you won't find very many OEM builds that offer much in OC options just because of the warranty nightmare that would cause let alone the cooling solutions are at the very best minimal

cool **** you guys rock. damn oem crap. but yea its one of them "green" comps, so yea i figured the cooling sucked. damn processor bottleneck, bye bye current games out there, guess im stuck playing all the games at lowest settings. even sys req labs says some games should run flawless but nope, can only run any game smooth at lowest settings. 640 by 480 res. whats the point of 3 gb ram and 8200 card and dual core, if it runs like a comp that has half those specs.

yea in clockgen i can only see the clock speed, thas it, all other options in the window arent even visible. ill give setfsb a try, prolly wont work tho. that link to newegg looks promising tho. 80$ damn when did processors get so cheap? lol

You can also add a GeForce 8500 for Hybrid SLI if you happen upon an inexpensive one. Besides that, any add in GPU would probably help.

Back