• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SSD for server?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumbl3

Well i was shopping for HD's i was thinking about grabbing 1 scsi. but there so expensive. I see i can get a patriot SSD 32 gig for 60 bucks after rebate.
which i run a game server off of and vent. So that plus the os will be around 20ish.

Just wondering if this drive would be ok for a server? Also i have 120 gig and a 100 gig i'd use for storage of other things i have. I back up import stuff to them.

I also was thinking about grabbing another one for my gaming computer cause im on old hard drives in both machines that are 2 mb cache ones lol.

So i think anything would be a upgrade.

Just curious if these things are good speed wise and ok to use for a server drive?

Yeah im looking at teh ocz vertex series ones 30 gig. After reading a post about them and how they have the onboard cache.

Basicly to so anyone who reads this knows. For the most part i tend to use my machine for gaming and web browsing.

My server is basicly just for running my game servers and vent (like i said above lol).

But for 150 a piece seems a little pricey but eh i look at it this way with my next machine i could most likely take them with me to my next build.

So it would be worth wild.

SSD seem to be more made for servers, at least the higher end ones, as you said anything would be a boost in performance, i am not sure how the cheaper one will hold up, as i am not sure how often a game server is reading and writing info to the drives...

Back