• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems when moving around windows.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ichi

Registered
Hello,

For a short while I've been noticing a very annoying kind of lag when I move windows around when on my desktop (browsing the internet and stuff). Here is a picture of it:

lagproblem.jpg

Is there any way to fix this? I've tryed reinstalling my driver twice (CLEAN) and even opened my pc and tryed to get dust out and stuff... Might it be some corrupt file in windows xp and the only fix is reinstalling?

Specs:
Hd4870 512 mb OC
4 gb ram
E8400 3.4 ghz
Msi P35 Neo-f mobo
Samsung syncmaster T200 20'' on 1680x1050

Thanks

whens the last time you did any system maintenance such as disk cleanup (deleting temp files,caches, etc), registry optimization, virus scan, and defragging the hd?

I've tryed reinstalling my driver twice
Did you update a driver just prior to the problem? If so, drop back to the previous driver. If you've installed any software recently check their forums to see if that could be the cause, and if there are any patches or workarounds to fix the issue.

Try re-registering your dll's with windows. that tends to fix alot of issues without having to reinstall the os. takes a few minutes and won't screw up the system.

1.> Open up a command window with Start/Run/CMD

2.> Type: dir *.dll /s /b > regdll.bat
(do this from c:\ )

3.> Type: Notepad regdll.bat

4.> Use the replace command in note pad to search for C:\ and replace it with this string: C:\Windows\System32\Regsvr32.exe /s C:\

Make sure you double check to make sure you have the complete string typed in correctly or it won't work correctly.

5.> Use Replace All to make the changes to the whole file.

6.> When complete save the file and exit Notepad and go back to the DOS window.

7.> At the DOS prompt type in: regdll

PS: This works on all flavors of windows from 98 forward. (not sure about vista though, I've not tried it there)

Back