• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wrong memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hey, ya I've got it set to 533 in the BIOS. I've heard other people having problems with this memory not being recognized as 1066 or not being able to run it at that speed. I'm new to this so I'm not sure exactly what they were saying.

Attachments

• cpuz2.jpg
    cpuz2.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 48
  • cpuz1.jpg
    cpuz1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 49
If i set the dram to 533MHz in BIOS it should clock up to be 1066 right, or do I have this wrong? I thought you multiply x2.

There was no response from the OP of this thread to verify if this works, nonetheless, I believe these are the same make as your RAM:

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=330251&highlight=OCZ2F10664GK#post330251

You will need to go into the BIOS and set the speed to 1066Mhz, timings to 6-7-7-20 and voltage to 2.0V

Set those timings and voltages recommended and without overclocking the CPU further, 266FSB going 1:2 with the RAM should give you 1066MHz.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
ok, thanks, There were a couple of different timings I saw. One on the new egg site and one on asus', but I'll go with the post you found. I'm not clear on how this works though. I had it set to 533. Was I way overclocking the ram or did it have to do with the ratio(i don't quite understand this) If i set it to 266 wouldn't that just give me 533?

Ah, sorry, my bad i thought you wrote 266 for memory! thanks for the help. Thats where I had it but then I tried to pucsh too far and screwed things up. I just updated the bios, maybe that will help with stability. It was supposed to help w/ compatablity w/ certain memory.

Last edited:
The FSB is 266 and memory multiplier? Is there more than one multi? The one I know of is set to 12.5. In the BIOS the memory is set to 1064 now but it shows up in CPUZ as 532. Wait a minute.. if the fsb is 1/2 DRAM frequency, then whatever shows in CPUZ as DRAM Frequency can be multiplied by 2 to get the actual memory speed?

ok, that makes sense. Do you have an option to change the FSB strap to northbridge? Its right up there at the top by fsb on my board and I'm wondering if that can have good effect on ocing. I think its the default speed or something but don't know what changing it will do.

Back