• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Formula1 2001 EA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yea got f1... and love those lil car mods. Esp the porsche one. Pretty sure the steering wheel and pedals work, but you get a much better feel with a joystick or gamepad. :D

Xprincox said:
yea got f1... and love those lil car mods. Esp the porsche one. Pretty sure the steering wheel and pedals work, but you get a much better feel with a joystick or gamepad. :D
Car mods? Porsche on F1 2001? I have a game pad, crappy creative that my friend intentionaly forgot in my room, already & was thinking about getting the steering wheel. isn't the joystick kinda wierd for a car? Do you know where I can check for compatability or if it's listed in the help files of the game? Thanks in advance:beer:

yea theres lotta mods for the game. Heres one site with some nice mods... http://home.wanadoo.nl/locutus/index.html

Checkout this thread about controllers with this game:
http://forums.overclockers.ws/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56030

As for controlers i found this in the readme file in startup menu:

GAME CONTROLLERS
================
Certain game controllers may not be detected consistently by your operating system. In any case that you are unable to get a certain game controller to function in F1 2001, first check that the controller is reported to be OK under your operating system. If the controller is reported as OK then ensure that you have it selected under Options. If the controller still fails to respond once selected, enter the Controls page from Options and remap the controls for your device as described in the manual.

Thanx for the help & the links. Controllers probably will depend on who is using it & how it's set up. Well the store selling the game only want $15.00, yes it is the Legal Boxed version, for it & the steering wheel is only $80.00 so I'll probably get it in a few hours. Maybe test everything there before I waste my money on the wheel. Thanks again:beer:

I have it:( & something aint right. There is this delay with the controls thats making it undrivable even with the damn keyboard! I don't understant whats causing it. I also get a ton of tears in the game. I even backed down my MX's O/C to default & ran it at 800X600 & still the same tears & slow reaction of the controls. I also tried it with my whole system at default & still all the problems never seem to get better. This is totally unbelievable 'cause if I play Q3 or NFS High Stakes everything works no problems:eek:

Last edited:
yea i was getting that when i first install it too. I think you gotta put the feedback thing all the way up... :D

Xprincox said:
yea i was getting that when i first install it too. I think you gotta put the feedback thing all the way up... :D
I did mess around with the sensitivity & to no avail:eek: Uninstalled the ****er then reinstalled & the controlls work now:confused: Why is it that after playing the game then reboot, Winows keeps on updating my set up files? Just like after installing something. This shouldnt be happening:mad: I went up to 128Mb on my AGP Aperture size to help with the grafix but still all these tears:mad: Is my vcard really that crappy for this game??? Not a nice way to start:(

This sounds realy annoying. I am intending on getting this steering wheel and game combo ( not too soon as I am a broke a** ), so I can't help you out too much. For starters, your video card is NOT crap :D . It shouldn't be your card, so maby its your opperating system. It says in your sig that your are using 98se. That could be the problem...
Anyway, Good Luck on getting it working. Please update us on how you are going with it. :D :D

Xprincox said:

heheh yeah the Red Bull Porsche I used to have as my Avatar? I love it! It's a great game :) I love getting the Ferrari sideways :D

PipeBom said:
This sounds realy annoying. I am intending on getting this steering wheel and game combo ( not too soon as I am a broke a** ), so I can't help you out too much. For starters, your video card is NOT crap :D . It shouldn't be your card, so maby its your opperating system. It says in your sig that your are using 98se. That could be the problem...
Anyway, Good Luck on getting it working. Please update us on how you are going with it. :D :D
Well I uninstalled it for now. I'll be reinstalling Win98SE on RAID this time after I backup my data. I will update you guys:beer:

GF2MX 32Mb almost crapp;) I remember that you were also looking for a nice racing game that maybe had the CART. Havent found any. The nice thing about this is that the controlls did work right, no delay after the reinstall, & it did react quick enough to enjoy but the bad thing about it is that it really wants a GF3Ti500 so that you can play 1280X1024 32Bit with everything turned up high. No use playing it with low quality setting since you have no visual markers for braking points. The suspension set up is kinda sterile & the effects of little changes are not apparent but maybe I just have to get used to it.

GoodNews!!!!! GT3A-Spec will be released for the PC. No realease dates that I know of but I will be sure to buy one the minute it comes out.:D

Last edited:
sonny said:
Well I uninstalled it for now. I'll be reinstalling Win98SE on RAID this time after I backup my data. I will update you guys:beer:

GF2MX 32Mb almost crapp;) I remember that you were also looking for a nice racing game that maybe had the CART. Havent found any. The nice thing about this is that the controlls did work right, no delay after the reinstall, & it did react quick enough to enjoy but the bad thing about it is that it really wants a GF3Ti500 so that you can play 1280X1024 32Bit with everything turned up high. No use playing it with low quality setting since you have no visual markers for braking points. The suspension set up is kinda sterile & the effects of little changes are not apparent but maybe I just have to get used to it.

GoodNews!!!!! GT3A-Spec will be released for the PC. No realease dates that I know of but I will be sure to buy one the minute it comes out.:D

Are you for real about GT3A-Spec??? Whoooo!! I can't wait for it to come out!! I will buy that for sure!

That is very cool!! Can't wait for it to come out. :cool: Is it exactly the same version as on PS2? Now I'm going to have to get a steering wheel and pedals. Just started earning some money for a few days. Can't decide what to buy, 40Gb hard drive or steering wheel... Hard choice.

And yes, I was looking for a CHAMP Car racing game. Thanks for keeping an eye out for one. Oh well, I guess that the CHAMP Car championship isn't very popular anywhere else except for America. Pitty...

Xprincox said:

Hey do you have the Toyota Celica and the Toyota Celica TRD Version and the Mini? With the Cetristen Rally car... I think I spelled it right.. Anyway I have allthose..I can give you the link if you want it..

Here is one of the Toyota Celica's I downloaded..This is the TRD version... I forgot to save the pictures and they overwite when you leave again and comeback to take more screen shots.

Btw when you first download them you really gotta work on the gearing otherwise 6th gear will only get you to 92Mph..

As you can see here I was still working on the gearing..

Last edited:
Now Back To The Problem

Are any of you guys having tears when playing? Whenever I reboot my puter after playing it keeps on updating my startup files like what happens when you install something. What causing that? I'm now playing the game on 640X480X16 & still no improvement on the tears:( Any other game that I own runs without problems. Could it be the 12.41s? I have also tried going back to default speeds on both CPU & video card but still no improvement. TIA:beer:

FerarriF50 - Could you please delete your posts of pictures. I need peoples help NOT your gallery

I used to have artifacts when playing the game after I overclocked my Readon to the limit... It never acted right again untill I formated and installed Windows Xp again. But it would work for awile if I installed my video card drivers again.

Back