• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lets see how far my e8400 can go!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doz

Ok, so Im tired of my hot *** high voltage chip. Well see how she does. Everyone has been screaming that 1.45v is the threshold for these chips.

Im currently at 1.48v @ 4.3ghz and completely stable (windows installed, l4d plays LOL, Orthos stable blend and small fft). No crashes whatsoever so no worries about voltage adjustments.

Been like this for about a week already, well see how long she lasts! Just posting this as an official timeclock :D I will keep the thread updated w/ any CPU degradation that goes on.

Cant get my voltage any lower with my new P5Q :( Used to run 4.1ghz @ 1.37v but I cant hit 4.1 w/out about 1.4v now.

Also could hit 4.5ghz w/ 1.5v before, now it takes about 1.55v :( W/E LOL, I have a feeling this chip will last plenty long.

Been like this for about a week already, well see how long she lasts! Just posting this as an official timeclock :D I will keep the thread updated w/ any CPU degradation that goes on.

You realize at 1.48v, it probably going to last 10 years?

Temps arent tooooooooo bad. I get to 65c full load with an ambient of about 24-25c @ 100c TJMax set in RT.

Still going plenty fine. Rock solid with 0 signs of degredation. I have not had to up the vcore. I have a feeling shell go for a long time :D

Keep in mind also that I ran this chip at 1.38v for the first 5 months of its life.

Might not be a great chip, but its solid lol.

Keep in mind also that I ran this chip at 1.38v for the first 5 months of its life.

Just curious... You have it on 24/7???, if so, what do you have it crunching away on or are you an insomniac??:beer:

No, its not doing anythine while Im gone. Its on 24/7 always. Usually the kid plays on it before school and someone is on it most of the time in the afternoon and evenings.

I used to fold, but I dunno ;/

Well I just noticed that for my chip (C0 stepping) I now need 1.36v to run my nominal 4.2GHz instead of the 1.32v. Me thinks it's because I have all 4 ramslots populated (4x2GB sticks) and the mem controller on the chip needs a tad more juice.

1.48v is sure alot to get 4.3Ghz imo.

Ok, so I got tired of waiting. Been going strong so I bumped her up to 4.4ghz.

Running 489x9 now @ 1.504v. Lets see how she holds up after going past 1.5v :D

haha nice. I had a feeling the degredation at 1.47v wouldn't be at the chip side but at your patience after you waited year after year with no change, lol. Curious to see how long the 1.5v will last ... my guess is if your temps are ok it will be a while. ps- this is 1.5v cpu-z or bios?

In CPU-z. Bios is set to 1.525v

Temps are alright still. Running prime small FFT it will hit 72c on occasion. Daily computing it never hits 70c.

*Cautiously walks in. Checks blast goggles & hard hat. Yep, they are in place*:screwy:

Interested to see how she fairs. Your potential sacrifice is appreciated :beer:

New update. Had to up the voltage for 100% stability because a few people had issues even though I could run all my daily tasks stable @ lower voltage.

1.53v @ 4.4ghz is the new voltage (might be able to lower a notch, but screw it). Unless I get another itch to work on getting it stable for hours again, this will be it I hope lol.

VCore: 1.53 in windows (load adds .008)
NBv: 1.38
FSBTerm: 1.4
CPU PLL: 1.6
GTL Ref: .65x
DRam: 2.2

4.4.jpg

Yup, and I think he killed the project after like 2 months or so because he needed the system lol.

Im hoping to run this chip for a year or so.

Back